Author Topic: fish skins  (Read 2825 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: fish skins
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 06:49:40 pm »
Yeah that safety slide is a life saver 
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 09:32:49 pm »
Hey Seabass, does that AMS system work as slick as it looks?  I've been looking at those for a while now and they really seem to be slicker than duck wax.  I especially like the way it spools the line in the bottle so there can be no kinks or twist. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline wildman

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 10:30:40 pm »
JW,I shoot several tons of fish a year( no BS) we are infested with Aisian carp no trouble to shoot 150 20lb average a night some real bigboys. We shoot 45lb plus big heads on a regular basis. Probably 3 shots to a fish AMS reels are the ticket along with the grapple points that Seabass has in pic bullet proof setup. If your in alot or bigger fish I would go with gator line and a bigger bottle. The boat in the pic I posted is three foot deep and six foot wide.That was Sunday night 10pm-4am we shot 76 and had a few get off missed 20 more saw so many it was spooky. The AMS reel I use has had four years of that kind of shooting replaced drive wheel one time. They can be rebuilt for around $25.Check out HankParker west ky bow hunt/bighead bowfishing that would be me. If any of you guys ever want to try it shoot me a pm we could use the help as they are hard on a rivers ecosystem. Everyone needs to see 1000s of 20lb fish all flop at one time.

Keith

" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline seabass

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 11:14:07 pm »
Wildman is correct.i used the old spool type reels for years.they do not comare to the ams.Jdub,the bottle style reel lets you shoot with no line resistance.i can't say enough of how much I love this setup.i still hand line the big fish in,but the reel will get the line in quick for a second shot.if you look around on the net,you can get a sweet deal on one of these reels.add the traditional mount and you can put it on any bow that you have.be sure to use the safty slides on your arrows.they have saved my bacon more than once.plus you can change your arrow quickly if you break a point.sorry that I am starting to sound like an infomercial,but it really love this setup.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 11:36:37 pm »
I bought an AMS 2 yrs ago.. just had to have one.. Its still in the package, lol... One of these days I'll get it on a bow :laugh:
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline seabass

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 11:45:43 pm »
get it on there Brian.you are missing out brother.i don't do a lot of modern stuff,but this reel I can't live without.it works like a charm.it made me a better bowfisherman,and that is no lie.my hit ratio doubled the first time out.i will never go back to the old spool type.i am starting to sound like an infomercial again.sorry,i just love this setup.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 11:47:09 pm »
It's nice to hear about gear that WORKS rather than folks just carping about stuff that doesn't.

Good shooting Ed!  Tear 'em up!  If you get a few of them 40 pounders be sure to save the scales in case you gotta shingle your house.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 12:09:44 am »
I gotta get me one of them new fangled mounts... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline wildman

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 01:22:47 am »
koan, just mail me that reel. I will give it a proper breaking in get the bugs out and such and it will smell wonderful when ya get it back! >:D

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline wildman

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 01:33:37 am »
Sorry to hijack, but here is a good pic of my daughter and a pair of bigheads ;D

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 08:11:22 am »
I would Wildman, but just like everything else layin round my house.. I might use it someday. 8) :laugh:... Looks like i need to come your way to bowfish.. Them fish quite abit bigger than most bigheads I see round here  ;)

Offline wildman

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2013, 08:53:56 am »
Come on over,we have plenty!

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 09:44:06 am »
Hey wildman do you eat them carp?
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2013, 10:03:21 am »
Bigheads are ok to eat.... The silver carp are outstanding..

Offline wildman

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 10:34:20 am »
Sterling, I honestly have never tried them. I know people that have. The sheer numbers are something to see I cannot begin to explain. We cut them up for catfish bait,trapping bait,and my hogs love them. I need to bring a cooler and save a few. I do love gar cakes awesome table fair. I really would love to get down there and get a big boy.

Keith

-Eddie Vedder-