Author Topic: Osage stave for trade  (Read 1588 times)

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
Osage stave for trade
« on: September 11, 2013, 07:27:39 pm »
I have a 73" long stave that has a 4" deflex in one half and it will have some snake or big knots depending on how u lay it out. It is on one growth ring already. Seasoned for four years. I just don't have the time to be messing with it. It is sawn when I didn't know how to split. I layed a bow out on it and all 73" fit. It has a slight twist. Pm me if interested. I am looking for hickory, osage, black locust, ocean spray, ipe and bamboo slats, beaver tail, elk leather, and elk or deer tanned hide with hair on, snake skins to back bows, and rawhide. Make an offer and don't be offended if I turn it down. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:31:10 pm by Wood_Bandit99 »
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline paulsemp

Re: Osage stave for trade
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 08:06:46 pm »
You should post pics. A character stave that went though a saw may scare a lot of people away. I thought you loved character bows?

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 12:21:11 am »
I do love character bows!!!! This one I need the stuff I listed more than the stave and I have a guy that wants a straight stave bow from me and I would think somebody else would have more fun. I have quite a bit of staves sitting in the corner. This one I want to trade because I won't have the time for quite a while.
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 01:35:02 pm »
All I have is black walnut staves to trade
I like osage

Offline string wax

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 01:37:44 pm »
how bout a pair of copperhead skins dried?