Author Topic: Shipping staves  (Read 832 times)

Don Case

Shipping staves
« on: September 08, 2013, 10:31:21 pm »
Can anyone tell me what hoops I have to jump though to ship staves between Canada and the U.S. I assume there are different regs for different directions.
Thanks
Don

Offline Carson (CMB)

Re: Shipping staves
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 11:28:05 pm »
I have shipped staves to Canada from US, using USPS international priority without problems.  You do have to fill out a declarations forms at the post offfice, but it is not too bad.  costs $30-50 depending on weight. 

Not to hi-jack, but If anyone has experience shipping staves from the US to Europe, specifically England and/or France, I would be happy to hear about the details.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline steve b.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 12:01:19 am »
I shipped my 2 tradebows there and a stave.  I didn't have to fill out anything.  I would get a hold of lostarrow.  He gave me advice and I took it and it was simple.  Basically it has to do with the value that you declare for insurance.  If its significant then the recipient has to pay a tax in order to receive it.  So you declare the value to be vary low, like $10.  Lostarrow if your man.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 12:23:29 am »
I put down "craft supplies" on the description and a low $ value on customs form.  I mailed two staves to Canada at the same time.  One got there in under two weeks, the other took a couple months to get there.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 01:25:01 am »
Yes from the U.S. to Canada a form will be filled out by you if sent priority mail.It should be marked as craft supplies.Mine took 2 weeks I think to get there to Canada.The stave I got from Marc got to me here in a little less time than that.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed