Author Topic: My bows(with good pics!!!)  (Read 4251 times)

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
My bows(with good pics!!!)
« on: September 07, 2013, 10:42:50 am »
These are my two bows that are in my possession. They are osage and there is one that looks like a tooth pick that I made for my little brother (18# @ 18") and there is a mollegabet that is 50# @ 26" that is mine. There is a snaky one in the works and a character stave that is a little snaky. There is a bow I'm working on right now and won't have pics up until I finish it. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 10:52:05 am by Wood_Bandit99 »
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline wood_bandit99

Re: My bows
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 10:46:51 am »
More

Offline wood_bandit99

Re: My bows(with good pics!!!)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 11:04:10 am »
I am also working on an osage English longbow that is rawhide backed that will be my first backed bow.

Offline Cloudfeather

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 11:30:26 am »
Careful with that one on the last pic. If you're not backing it with sinew or rawhide, I'd be wary of weaving in and out of the grain like that. Unless the grain does that?

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 11:33:07 am »
Careful with that one on the last pic. If you're not backing it with sinew or rawhide, I'd be wary of weaving in and out of the grain like that. Unless the grain does that?

+1 You must follow a grain line. Also please o please take some weight off those levers on the Molle, right now its like you have weights tied onto each tip. You will see a dramatic increase in performance and less handshock. Plus we need to see a full draw.

Jon
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:41:16 am by Ifrit617 »

Offline wood_bandit99

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 11:40:52 am »
The weight on the tips is less than it looks because the pics are squeezed I'm there. The grain does do that minus parts where it is pointy. That is an unsteady hand and I left some proud :)

Offline Newindian

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 11:52:30 am »
Ifrit is right there is way to much mass regardless of how much the pic has Been squished, this bow is only about 3# lighter than yours
I like free stuff.

Offline Cloudfeather

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 11:59:03 am »
Definitely. My first couple mollies had ridiculous war clubs on the ends because I was afraid to have the tips start bending. Just a couple extra growth rings over the working section is usually enough to keep a tip static. In my experience with Osage anyway.

I dig that pistol grip riser. Was thinking of making one on a bow, how's it feel for the grip?

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 02:37:00 pm »
  Good deal Bandit, keep'em coming. Pics look better now to. Would love to see full draw. Where is that you are shooting, looks like a nice range.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:41:46 pm by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline wood_bandit99

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 07:27:07 pm »
I love the pistol grip!! It is about 1.25" in middle and 1" on each end of it. And 1.5" tall doing a slight crescent to 2". I also make a shelf that my thumb sits on then take the edge off so it's hardly noticible but helps grip placement.

And burchett.donald, the range was the okc gun range. It is pretty nice and they have a trad 3d shoot every June.

blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 08:27:09 pm »
Ouch!!!!  :-X   take a good loooong  look at this bow.... then go reduce those levers "big" time...I suspect and have a suspicion the tiller is off too by your braced profile.....hey...if you can dish it out ya better be able to take it back yourself  8)

https://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php?topic=32585.0

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 10:56:01 pm »
 Yeah I'd say that is a bit more than 1/4" positive tiller! You need to reduce that lower limb on the Mollie.
45# at 27"

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 11:23:06 pm »
WB99.....Thanks for posting.Your pics have answered a lot of my curious questions.I suggest you make it to the tennessee classic next spring.The fellas display some of their favorites in the wood working shop.You won't be disappointed.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 11:49:51 pm »
Sweet looking and acting molly blackawk.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline wood_bandit99

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 12:24:21 am »
The tiller is a little over an 8th positive. The pics are squished. And this was my first Molly so I'm not gonna mess with it. Ill make a new one :)