Author Topic: Concordia Missouri  (Read 2081 times)

Offline DLH

Concordia Missouri
« on: September 13, 2013, 06:47:20 pm »
This is a long shot but anyone near concordia? I am looking for some concordia oak acorns let me know if anyone can get any been wanting some going on 2 years now.

Thanks,

Daniel

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Concordia Missouri
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 06:59:16 pm »
Daniel, im near Columbia. I dont know what Concordia oak/acorns are( they aint in the Mo. tree book) but my 13 acres are full of several species of oak.. You are welcome to come look if ya want. There is red, and white here with several varieties... Pin, post, and black, to name just a few
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Tom Kurth

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 11:11:31 pm »
I live about 8 miles from Concordia. I've heard of the local oak but I don't know how common or where to be found. I'll ask at the barbershop tomorrow. Anything you need to  know in a small town can be found out at the barbershop. As gossips women got nothing on guys getting their haircuts.

Best,
Tom
Best,
Tom

Escape to Missouri

Offline DLH

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 01:09:36 am »
Thanks for the response guys. Koan the concordia oak is a very rare three way hybrid between chinkapin x dwarf chinkapin x swamp white oak and its naturally occurring it was discovered in the seventies. It also only occurs around the concordia mo area. I tried to order some last year but never heard back so I wanted to try and get some acorns. Word online is that the people of concordia enjoy spreading them around but I have had a hard time findind anyone until now. I even fb messaged their local 4H because they had pictures up of them picking up concordia acorns. Tom that would great I would be willing to trade you for some if you find any.

Offline Tom Kurth

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 01:23:04 pm »
Got a bag of acorns for you. Mouse, the barber, told me exactly where to find two trees--right in front of the community center. I picked these off the trees. Since I've never grown oak trees from acorns I don't know if green acorns are what you want. Let me know if they need to be harvested off the ground or something different and I'll get some more later. Where to send?

Best,
Tom
Best,
Tom

Escape to Missouri

Offline DLH

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 04:12:40 pm »
Thanks Tom I sent you a pm!