Author Topic: Bows of mine  (Read 1986 times)

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
Bows of mine
« on: September 04, 2013, 07:01:02 pm »
Bow I'm working on for Eric bess :) your welcome! It is reflex deflex on one limb and a messed up one on the other. I'm going for 50# at 30" and it is a 64" bow. It is 45# at 22" currently. All natural
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:05:36 am by Wood_Bandit99 »
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline wood_bandit99

Re: Bows of mine
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 07:02:10 pm »
Bow I'm working on for Eric bess :) your welcome! It is reflex deflex on one limb and a messed up one on the other. I'm going for 50# at 30" and it is a 64" bow. It is 45# at 22" currently. All natural

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 07:07:24 pm »
Well....crap!  Wait and wait for pics and then I can't hardly make em out!  I guess I'll  have to drag out the laptop so I can see what all the braggin was about!  Lol!  Josh

Offline wood_bandit99

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 07:17:32 pm »
Sorry iPhones suck. Ill get on the computer and post all bows I've made

Offline Josh B

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 09:19:28 am »
Your phone probably takes decent pics if you got good lighting.  The combination of the poor lighting and the little screen on my phone is why I couldn't see em very good.  I can see it a lot better on the laptop.  It doesn't look to shabby.  It might be a little short for 30" though.  It is always helpful to have an unbraced pic to know where you started as well.  Josh

Oh, and by all means, post the rest of your bows!

Offline dwardo

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 01:22:37 pm »
Photographers spend thousands on lighting so they can shoot indoors. Outdoors is so much easier or just natural light. Try to be square on to the bow and frame the whole bow with the camera. ;)

blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 01:26:24 pm »
Looks like bent toothpicks in a flashlight to me  :P  ::)  ;D  :laugh:   ....its pretty easy taking decent pics with a smart phone....its the person behind the button...go to the bow of the month forum and find cameroos thread about taking pics for bom....there's a lot of photography basics covered in it to help ya out....

Offline sweetpea

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 09:00:04 pm »
So, this is what all the 5 pages amounted too? Looks like a hinge starting out of the Fades, from what I can see out of the shadow box. Gun Docs old, he needs clear photos. Definitely take some better pictures before Pearlie Boy sees them.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 10:29:09 pm »
Your cracking me up sweatpea :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:   Gun Doc's an old fart :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline sleek

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 05:54:16 am »
OK WB99, I am gonna have to call you on something.... you say this is all natural. Even from this quality of pic I see massive evidence of heat treat mid limb right limb. Any chance of a close up? Also, is it from a hinge you accidentally created ( no shame, recently did the same thing ) and fixed with heat, or an alignment correction?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline wood_bandit99

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 10:23:36 am »
Sleek, the only time I heat bent it was to get the string tracking right because it was two inches off the handle. They both are all natural somewhat reflex/deflex. There is no hinge it just looks that way do to a hill on the end of the handle and the deflex in the first 2/3 of the limb. It has taken no set an I am finishing it right now so I can post some pics that people really want to see :) :) :)