Author Topic: A big round of Applause  (Read 4276 times)

Offline burn em up chuck

Re: A big round of Applause
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 09:20:41 pm »
   i promise i will get more familiar w/ tech. because uncleduck sent me a great bow and i didn't do him right by not posting. i will say this i used it in a area shoot and did  pretty good. thank you for the great bow uncleduck

chuck 
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 11:55:10 pm »
I keep thinking this thread is called  A Big Round of Applesauce, which would aslo be nice, mmmm apple sauce. I' e said it elsewhere, but I'll say it again here...  Bravo y'all. Very well executed and  much  appreciated.

Gabe
Humboldt County CA.

Offline rps3

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 12:08:05 am »
Hear, hear, I have been burn em en up with burn em up chuck's bow. I hope the recipient of my bow is doing the same.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 06:26:32 pm »
Boy oh boy, hedgeapple!  You said a mouthful.  You perfectly expressed what all of us were trying to say.  Oh, and most of all, thanks for volunteering to run the next bow trade.   >:D  You did volunteer, didn't you?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 07:09:29 pm »
I look forward to participating in my first bow trade next year. I've enjoyed following the builds on the bow swap thread and agree it's well put together with the hard work of PD and Mr. Hawk. Congrats to everyone who completed a bow for the trade this year, they were works of art.

-Dan

+1
congrats some awsome bows have been traded!
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 08:10:22 pm »
"Applause.............................Applause........................Applause.................Applesauce...............Applause!!!!!!"

YES THANK YOU BOTH AND ALL OTHERS INVOLVED!  That's a LOT of work and is much appreicated! 
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 08:20:44 pm »
Wonderful trade, enjoyed the experience as much as last year! Thanks all who have dune their part. Thanks to all who have shared ther bow builds and knowledge , with us. Can't wait till next year.
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 01:07:51 am »
Congratulations Pearlie and Blackhawk on another successful PA BOW TRADE. You now have been inducted into the Bow Trade and Christmas Exchange Organizers of PA(BT&CEOPA), an august group of extremely patient folks.  ;D  Well done guys!!!  8)   Your task is almost done and you can be proud. This has been one of the best bow trades ever. Like Chris said these trades are not about getting a new bow but about building the best bow you can for someone else. I always thought of these bow trades as a way to get some of the new guys to push their wood bow building envelopes and building a bow they never thought they could. I always knew you could.  ;)
  Congrats to all of the bowyers that contributed and successfully delivered a bow to your recipient. I'm sure your recipients are thrilled with the bow they recieved. And also congrats to the recievers. I'd bet that most of you are absolutely pleased with the bow your builder built just for you. Everyone envolved can walk away with a feeling of completion and gratitude. Well done all!!!  8)
 Chris, sign me up for the next trade. I'll also help in the background when needed.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline dwardo

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 10:49:00 am »
Sterling effort chaps.
Would be great to see the results all in one thread like the BOM. Lot of work i know but a great archive of stunning bows.

Offline steve b.

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 11:02:18 am »
Technically, I did not qualify to be a part of the trade but I was given some grace so that I could participate.  I learned alot during the bow building and got some help so that I could produce a decent bow.  I had some failures too and all of that taught me to be a better builder.  In the end I was able to make someone happy and I ended up with a super bow. 

So thank you all very much.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 11:08:06 am »
I JUST read this post, no offense Dave!

Thanks, it was my pleasure to facilitate the trade with hawkey poo. It was fun ,frustrating and exhilarating all at the same time

I hope my hard nose didn't offend anybody too badly, its who I am and will be. I just wanted to see all involved send a bow to an unknowing recipient, we were damn close to that coming true. 75 out of 78 is awesome, GREAT WORK builders! My hats off to your efforts that last 7 months.

Remember, its was a deadline and not a guideline!...;)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.