Author Topic: A big round of Applause  (Read 4277 times)

Offline hedgeapple

A big round of Applause
« on: August 31, 2013, 02:31:52 am »
I want to send a big round of applause, a tip of the hat and huge atta-boy to Blackhawk and Pearl Drum for orchestrating the bestest bow trade ever.  I know you guys are dealing with the wrap up now.  But, man what a trade you put together.  I think it was like 76 or 78 bowyers in this year's trade.  You guys kept it organize and all of us motivated.  I remember on post for Blackhawk going something like, "quit whining and make a bow from that osage already."  Or, at least that's what I read into his words.  Thanks Chris for inspiring me to make a bow that I never would have attempted 6 months ago.

AND BOWYERS-- what an amazing collection of bow this year!!!!  Stand up and take a bow or a bow.  I'd see posts of bows and hope they might me coming my way.  Then I'd remember that I already received an awesome bow for Osage Outlaw, a bow that he actually worked on in my shop.  That Clint is trickster.

I'm pretty sure everyone else enjoyed this trade as much as I did.  147 pages posted on this trade speaks volumes,

Well done gentlemen.  I'm looking forward to the next trade, already.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:24:47 am by hedgeapple »
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline bubby

Re: A big round of Applause
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 02:59:54 am »
yep ya'll get a big atta boy here, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline uncleduck

• Dave W
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 03:06:26 am »
This was my first bow trade and all I can say is that this one has me even more excited for next year! Thanks for everyone's efforts!

Offline DGF

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 03:37:26 am »
I look forward to participating in my first bow trade next year. I've enjoyed following the builds on the bow swap thread and agree it's well put together with the hard work of PD and Mr. Hawk. Congrats to everyone who completed a bow for the trade this year, they were works of art.

-Dan
Wyoming, MI

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:41:29 am »
  I HAVE A QUESTION
  I got a OSAGE stave from a friend that use to make wood working recurves. He had 20 or so staves building kept. I'VE GOT 6 OR 8 OFF HIM. I got one a couple months ago. I debarked took off sap wood so I know it was OSAGE.
  I've made 40 or so OSAGE BOWS I've got this one tiller to Putting on a string. I'm scared to do any real bending.  It's not rotted,OSAGE dos'nt reallt rot. I've made 5 bows from 100 year old corn post I pulled out. 15 YEARS AGO. It's just brown not the hard ,yellow look of OSAGE. I've never seen OSAGE like this before.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 09:42:16 am »
  SORRY I THOUGHT THIS WAS A NEW POST.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 10:00:37 am »
I agree with yall... Pearlie & Blackhawk did a great job!! They can be abit hardnosed, lol...but thats what it takes sometimes to make things like this happen ;)... In the past 4 weeks I have been home healin from my knee injury and goin thru the WHOLE thread of the builds... All I can say is WOW!! So many outsanding bows built!! It really helped me stave off the boredom of bein stuck onda porch.. Thanks to all for that  ;D... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline bushboy

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 10:31:10 am »
Yeah,a big shout out to all those that were envolved!blackhawk,pearl drums,sadie jane,coaster 500 and keenan!sorry if I missed someone?I to am looking towards next years swap and after seeing the level of craftmenship I really have to up my end game!I really like the no nonsence approach to this trade and sense of community and feel privleged to be part of it!thanks guys ,your what makes this place special!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 10:46:37 am »
Ditto on what hedgeapple said.Seventy some bows is quite a few.May sound dumb here but I don't care.Do you get to know what draw length the person has your making the bow for before making the bow?I assume you do.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline seabass

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 03:10:35 pm »
congrats,you boys did good.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Josh B

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 03:26:50 pm »
Yes indeed, a heartfelt tip of the hat to not only the ramrods but to those who stepped up to pick up the slack for those who could not or would not make good on their obligation.  Great trade!  Josh

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 03:54:03 pm »
Thanks for stepping up guys and taking the time to make the trade possible. You done good and we all benefited from
having you two committed to making it happen.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 05:39:42 pm »
Ditto here.  Enjoyed this trade (my first) a bunch.  Thanks to all who made it, not only possible, but fun and successful.  And again, thanks to Gregb for that sweet little HHB number that I just cant get enough of. 
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 06:48:57 pm »
My hats off to everyone that made the bow trade a success. And also everyone that made bows. I got to see some real sweet bows as they took shape . Again great job . I will do the trade again.

blackhawk

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 06:56:13 pm »
Thanks guys for all the kind words...and your welcome.....the positives and the great experiences most people get from this is why I did it,and they always outweigh a couple of the small negatives that go along with this(no need to mention them)it brings us together as a community, and creates new friendships...to me its not about receiving a bow,but building a bow for someone else,and watching this awesome community at work despite living so far from one another overcoming the huge distance barriers....and I will run this show again next year if the good lord still let's me walk this earth....I hope I didn't offend anyone with my hard nosed antics at times ,and hope y'all understand my intentions were only good to make sure everyone would fill there obligations...78 people to keep track off that live so far apart from one another,and only contact is here online isn't easy...and I don't think there is a more trusting community than this one..at least online that is....what was accomplished here just speaks to the world that there is waaaay far more good and good people in the world than vice versa....

OK ...enough heartfelt talk...and thanks to everyone who participated and sent a bow out on time,and I hope most everyone's experience was a good one

:D  ;)