Author Topic: follow and help me along the way. (DYE JOB DONE)  (Read 27932 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: follow and help me along the way.
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2013, 11:03:49 am »
Don't think pearlys gonna respond till Monday..he's out prancing like a fairy with a pack on his back flailing his gun ships around on an island in the woods this weekend  :laugh:  ;D ...so now what ya gonna do if he can't help ya right now  ::)  :laugh:

lol i can just see it now, chris skipping along in the forest wearing a tutu, fake tinkerbell wings and a dora the explorer backpack lol  >:D

well i guess you know a few things about making a bow  ;D lol.  how long should i let it sit and rehydrate before i start tillering this baby?

blackhawk

« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2013, 11:22:21 am »
Haha  :laugh: ....

How does Monday sound to you  :laugh:

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2013, 11:28:18 am »
I'll have to start on another bow on Saturday to keep me distracted, sunday is all football so Monday is perfect.

blackhawk

« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2013, 11:33:19 am »
Don't get to excited about your niners....they ain't going anywhere this year...and if they do they'll just let ya down and lose to a bunch of low life thugs again  >:D ....and it sounds like ya got the bowyers disease..just can't wait to work on wood...I've had it for years and haven't found the cure yet...the only thing that helps is to never stop....good luck with yours  :laugh:

Stringman

« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2013, 11:36:14 am »
The way I see it, you are gonna have one whale of a hard time hitting target weight. Those hooks are gonna make it feel like you have 50% more poundage than you actually have until they pop over all at once. Hope you have a plan for that. Otherwise, that thing is looking sweet!!

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2013, 11:44:32 am »
Whoa whoa whoa must be Trippin Blackhawk cuz there is no way we are ending the season without the Lombardi in hand.  And, im going to predict Quinton Patton wins rookie of the year AND kap gets MVP. I got lots of faith in my team.

The way I see it, you are gonna have one whale of a hard time hitting target weight. Those hooks are gonna make it feel like you have 50% more poundage than you actually have until they pop over all at once. Hope you have a plan for that. Otherwise, that thing is looking sweet!!

Ive never had a problem hitting my target weight with recurves before, we'll see how it turns out :)

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2013, 11:54:41 am »
i have stage 5 bowyers disease doc says theres no cure only a treatment to help with the impatiences.  >:D

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2013, 12:11:11 pm »
Hey Jordan, i've been following this thread close as i am planning on a very similar bow, got my stave picked out now! I've never done one before but i don't see how the string alignment could get better!

PS I don't care how the niners do this year as long as they beat the crap out of the packers like they did last year in the playoffs! Being from minnesota I hate the packers!
45# at 27"

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2013, 12:21:59 pm »
Hey Jordan, i've been following this thread close as i am planning on a very similar bow, got my stave picked out now! I've never done one before but i don't see how the string alignment could get better!

PS I don't care how the niners do this year as long as they beat the crap out of the packers like they did last year in the playoffs! Being from minnesota I hate the packers!

Well the alignment question for pearl was really just a rhetorical question, to show him i didnt skimp out and not do it.

And yeah, im gonna laugh my butt off if kap sits in the pocket and tears up their secondary and doesnt run at all lol.

Offline bubby

« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2013, 03:04:04 pm »
Don't get to excited about your niners....they ain't going anywhere this year...and if they do they'll just let ya down and lose to a bunch of low life thugs again  >:D ....and it sounds like ya got the bowyers disease..just can't wait to work on wood...I've had it for years and haven't found the cure yet...the only thing that helps is to never stop....good luck with yours  :laugh:

low life thugs, do they play the STEELERS this year >:D, niners are back big time
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2013, 03:19:26 pm »
lol you see that Bubby, he talks smack then he runs and hides lol :p

Offline bubby

« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2013, 06:26:31 pm »
heck he's probably built two bows since his last post  :laugh:
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2013, 06:39:46 pm »
heck he's probably built two bows since his last post  :laugh:

lol i dont doubt that

Offline Capt

« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2013, 07:07:07 pm »
I got my first Osage stave on its way from Iowa.... I live in Mexico..... Planning something real similar, I want to get a Cetershot Flatbow out of it... A little recurve... Shooting for something between 55 - 60 lbs...

This thread has given me lots of crucial pointers already.... I'm just getting done with my first bow that I made out of some weird Mexican wood called Tzalam.....

Check it out under the bows section.... Title is something like Tzalam Flatbow.... Or just search Tzalam I'm sure nobody else ever mentioned it in a thread....

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2013, 07:20:43 pm »
Looking good Jordan.  Was it tough to get the twist out with the recurve already there?