Author Topic: follow and help me along the way. (DYE JOB DONE)  (Read 27948 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: follow and help me along the way.
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2013, 02:57:04 pm »
I got the twist out, it was so easy it made me laugh and think i was a genius lol.  Next i need to get the tips lined up, ill use the same technique.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2013, 10:10:11 pm »
Looks pretty good so far!  I use a similar technique for removing twist.  For future reference, if you cut a scrap piece of wood to length and prop it under the tip that your twisting, it will keep the limb from deflexing from the weight of your bucket when you heat it up.  I have several old broomsticks cut to various lengths for just that purpose.  Josh

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 10:43:59 pm »
Looks pretty good so far!  I use a similar technique for removing twist.  For future reference, if you cut a scrap piece of wood to length and prop it under the tip that your twisting, it will keep the limb from deflexing from the weight of your bucket when you heat it up.  I have several old broomsticks cut to various lengths for just that purpose.  Josh

That's a good idea, it's reflex though.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2013, 11:05:41 pm »
Oh...well...in that case, it's all good!  Lol!  Josh

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2013, 11:14:39 pm »
Oh...well...in that case, it's all good!  Lol!  Josh

Lol yeah i dont mind it too much

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2013, 12:10:02 am »
Got one limb recurved.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2013, 12:24:12 am »

Josh, I use the shaft of an old golf club for that same purpose.  It just happens to be the perfect height and the rubber grip won't slip on the wood.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline 4dog

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2013, 12:30:36 am »
Love that precision crafted jig man,, :o.....nah  lookin good. Everyones got a shop on here,, i got shop envy!!  :-[
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2013, 08:49:37 am »
 Looking good Jordan, you're moving right along, I'm still thinking about mine,  ::)
45# at 27"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2013, 10:17:46 am »
I love it. Proof you can do anything if you want it bad enough. Good job Jordan.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2013, 11:21:36 am »
Love that precision crafted jig man,, :o.....nah  lookin good. Everyones got a shop on here,, i got shop envy!!  :-[

Lol i don't have a shop, i got a wiggly table and a jig saw lol

Looking good Jordan, you're moving right along, I'm still thinking about mine,  ::)

Thinking is planning, planning is working.

I love it. Proof you can do anything if you want it bad enough. Good job Jordan.

Thank you master pearl lol.  And i do want it bad.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2013, 11:33:16 am »
Nice hook! I have a shop....unfortunately, my wifes family thinks its there own personal free rent storage facility. >:(  It seems like everytime I come home, there's more crap in it.  The funny thing is, they actually complain about all the sawdust getting on their stuff.   Sorry, didn't mean to get off subject.  Lol!  Your caul looks identical to mine.  Josh

Offline dbb

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2013, 01:38:17 pm »
Nice work!
Know what you mean 4dog,i got it too. I work in a corner of the kitchen..luckily i dont have a wife...or i wouldnt have one  ;D
It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...

Offline 4dog

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2013, 03:43:26 pm »
Dbb , man i am married , my wife lets ME,, work on MY stuff,, in HER HOUSE,, i am a lucky guy,, and she lets me know it....lol  O:) O:)
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2013, 03:55:10 pm »
Nice hook! I have a shop....unfortunately, my wifes family thinks its there own personal free rent storage facility. >:(  It seems like everytime I come home, there's more crap in it.  The funny thing is, they actually complain about all the sawdust getting on their stuff.   Sorry, didn't mean to get off subject.  Lol!  Your caul looks identical to mine.  Josh

Lol inlaws suck