Author Topic: Late trade bow list  (Read 3375 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Late trade bow list
« on: August 29, 2013, 10:18:08 am »
Here is the list of folks we are looking for bows from still. Its been 6 1/2 months since we received names. If you don't PM me or Chris within 3 days you can keep whatever you have, or have not going. We have make up bows in the works that Im quite sure will be done in a hurry. And 3 of you still owe oak bows as well. Just a heads up as that ended 6 months ago. There are 2 more names Im hoping to leave off this list as they are diligently working to get a  bow done.

Fishfinder401
Nativenoobowyer86

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:47:55 am by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Late trade bow list
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 01:32:45 pm »
ttt
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 07:35:17 am »
ttt

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:54:13 am »
Come on guys . Get these bows done. If you can't get a hold of them pearl send me a name and I will see what I can come up with and make another one to ship out. But a lot can happen in six months. Hope they are all OK. I thought you touched base with everyone that didn't ship.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 07:56:51 am »
Everybody has been contacted at least once Bob. Thanks for the offer, I think we are good on make ups for now. Im going to call Chris tomorrow and decide who gets what and who is making it for them. Im done tinkering around. 5 out of 78 isn't as bad as it could be.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 08:15:16 am »
  I mailed mine begaining of the week.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 10:06:43 am »
Well cool. Koan, bubby and Paulsemp have stepped up to build the remaining bows. You guys are all class acts to the 10th degree, Im proud to call you friends and Im sure the message board is happy to have you all as classy members.

As for the no shows? Don't ever ask me for a thing, don't ever sign up for anything again, good luck using the Trading Post and don't even think about trying to apologize. Im not listening, and Im damn good at that.

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 09:04:53 pm »
On top of that Pearly, I you were going to have trouble or needed to back out that you were supposed to contact the people running this so as to clear up any problems. (maybe you weren't allowed to back out for serious conditions I don't know) I won't criticize but the rules were made very clear before the trade started so you should be fully responsible for any tardiness and such.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline sonny

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 11:09:29 am »

As for the no shows? Don't ever ask me for a thing, don't ever sign up for anything again, good luck using the Trading Post and don't even think about trying to apologize. Im not listening, and Im damn good at that.

Did you ever stop to consider that there is potentially good cause for them not having finished a bow ??
maybe their kid ended up in the hospital. maybe they were in a car accident. there are a hundred other examples
that I could list, but you don't want to hear them apparently.....

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 01:06:56 pm »

Did you ever stop to consider that there is potentially good cause for them not having finished a bow ??
maybe their kid ended up in the hospital. maybe they were in a car accident. there are a hundred other examples
that I could list, but you don't want to hear them apparently.....

They have been contacted multiple times. Either they've logged in and haven't responded. Or they just could not meet the challenge and have said so which I'm my book admitting defeat is way more honorable than playing ghost.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:18:26 pm by Bryce (Pinecone) »
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline WoodBenderDW

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 11:43:58 am »
I shipped mine out yesterday. I'm truly sorry for how late it was.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 12:32:26 pm »
Lots of good reasons not to have finished on time but NO good reason for not being in contact, ??? unless they are dead. JMO.  >:(
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 12:38:01 pm »
We are down to two and those two wont surprise us with a shipment like WoodBender has. Two are HOPEFULLY being shipped within a week and that will wrap it up for 2013.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 01:07:21 pm »
Whew Who!!!

Time to put on my ghillie suit and go sit in the bushes to wait for the Mail Man! 

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 01:15:57 pm »
I wouldn't do that gus. When your ugly mug jumps out of the bushes that carrier is likely to drop and run, that could easily damage your bow. I say play it cool and just take it off the porch after its delivered!