Author Topic: Whats your awesome list look like?  (Read 14719 times)

Offline sleek

Whats your awesome list look like?
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:23:31 am »
Some folks have a bucket list. Things they wanna do before they die. Whatever, I do as much as I can now, kinda a live for the day type of thing. I dont reckon yall are much different. So What are the most awesom things you have done in your life? You know, the things that when you die, the grim reaper gives you a high five. Make your list long as possible. Mine is :D I will post mine later on tonight when I get home. This can be fun, or maybe I just like to brag?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline sleek

Re: Whats your awesome list look like?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 06:13:10 am »
So here is my awesome list:

I have rode horses and bulls,
rebuilt many car engines and two transmissions
Sailed around the world
Been launched off an aircraft carrier,
Surfed in Hawaii
Gone cliff climbing
Learned to use a lasso ( not so impressive but neat anyway )
Designed and built flying model airplanes
Designed and built working small jet engines,
Designed and built a wooden boat and am building another of my design,
Have repaired boat motors,
Graduated with honors from college for aircraft repair
Built a few bows ( now that IS awesome )
Hand forged knives and arrow heads,
wood carved objects,
Made my own charcoal for drawing portraits,
Caught a shark,
Caught 50+ pound tarpon on 15 pound test line,
Swam in shark infested waters,
gone fishing for 48 hours straight non stop standing
Lived 4 months comfortably without power, ( a whole string of problem solving happens there )

Well thats all the cool stuff thats happened to me/ I have done so far. What about yall?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 08:50:26 am »
Ive met lots of great people in my life. A lot in the last 3-4 years.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 09:54:46 am »
I met and married a bright and beautiful lady who not only brought my children into the world and is doing a fine job raising them while I'm on the road 300 days a year, but she taught me that there is more to life than being a drunken adrenaline junky.  Although, I have to admit that on occasion, I have a tendency to suffer relapses on the drunk part ;) >:D.   Shhhhh!  Lol! Josh

Offline Parnell

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 10:02:03 am »
I once dropped a deuce from a tree in a public area with people around because there was nowhere left to go in an emergency.  It was one of my finest moments.  Thankfully it was summertime.
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 10:06:05 am »
Parnell that is too cool! Id like to say Id pay to see that, but that's just not right.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline sleek

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:44 am »
I wasnt sure how how this post would sound or go. Honestly, I was just trying to find out what neat things other folks have done in their lives, not really to show off myself, though I really guess it sounds that way. And most things on my list arent really adrenaline type of things, but more just, cool ( to me ) stuff. Anyways, really hoping I didnt come off as a jerk, or something.

Parnell, thats freakin funny! ; All the leaves musta helped conceal you. Did you blae it on the dog? :D

Gun Doc, Being married is for certain, with out contest, the most awesome life long adventure. Especially if you ever get the pleasure of raising kids.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 10:43:04 am »
This is going to sound really dismal and sad but was a great honor for me to do, I take great pride in what I accomplished. I guess you would have had to be there to understand.

My wife got cancer. I cared for her with compassion from the first day she was diagnosed to her last by myself. I had a home health care and later a Hospice nurse as a mentor when I needed advice.

Multiple surgeries, horrible complications, IV feeding for 3 months, wound packing, over two months sitting by her side in various hospitals, ER visits at 2am, incontinence clean-ups, the list is endless.

Almost sleepless for two days, I was by her side when she passed at 2 am. Awesome isn't the right word, pride in my ability to be able to thank her for all she had given me during the 30 years we had been together, perhaps. I gave her the best care she could have hoped for during the last year and two months of her life. 

No matter what I do or accomplish in life, I will never top this "awesome" experience.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:54:11 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 11:58:43 am »
Amen Eric, nothing can compare to that, ever. You did exactly what she needed from you and exactly what a loving husband should do. We didn't go all the way down that road with my wife, but we covered 2/3 of it and I have an IDEA of where your coming from. Your a good man.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 12:13:21 pm »
Erik, I totally understand and that is nothing short of awesome.

That said, I've often thought of a top ten list of places I'd like to see a well planned deuce drop = nothing short of awesome.  Over the railing at the Empire State Building, out of the window of a car doing 80 on the interstate, on my old bosses desk, in an ex-girlfriends purse, etc.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread but couldn't resist myself.

Now, I'll digress...hopefully.
1’—>1’

Offline Marks

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 01:05:21 pm »
I won't quite be done with this one till Dec 31 but I made a living human being using only my pecker (with the help of my wife of course ;)). That still kind of blows my mind :o.

@sleek- 48 hours fishing?? explain that one.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:08:29 pm by Marks »

Offline Parnell

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 01:24:17 pm »
I won't quite be done with this one till Dec 31 but I made a living human being using only my pecker (with the help of my wife of course ;)). That still kind of blows my mind :o.

@sleek- 48 hours fishing?? explain that one.

That's funny too, and awesome!!!
1’—>1’

Offline lowell

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 04:50:27 pm »
[

Mark....Now that is awesomer!!!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline sleek

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 05:06:29 pm »
48 hours fishing ties into when I had no power. When I got out the navy things did not go well. I couldn't find a job. Mywife got one at Starbucks that afforded us a small amount of money.anyways, the short version is we had no food and i had a 3 year old son to take care of. So I determined that I was going to catch fish and not stop trying until I had. I was sleepy and sitting made it worse so I stood the entire time. I didnt catch anything those two days but when I got home my wife told me the manager at starbucks found out we were struggling.  So he let her take home all the food that was going to expire at the end of the night. I will tell more of this later because its interesting,  though parts of it were extreme lows in my life. We are doing great now so it ends well. 

Eric, I wish I had something profound and meaninful to say. But I'm stumped. I don't believe I need to say anything though because your actions said it all.

Offline bow101

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 06:01:42 pm »
So here is my awesome list:

I have rode horses and bulls,
rebuilt many car engines and two transmissions
Sailed around the world
Been launched off an aircraft carrier,
Surfed in Hawaii
Gone cliff climbing
Learned to use a lasso ( not so impressive but neat anyway )
Designed and built flying model airplanes
Designed and built working small jet engines,
Designed and built a wooden boat and am building another of my design,
Have repaired boat motors,
Graduated with honors from college for aircraft repair
Built a few bows ( now that IS awesome )
Hand forged knives and arrow heads,
wood carved objects,
Made my own charcoal for drawing portraits,
Caught a shark,
Caught 50+ pound tarpon on 15 pound test line,
Swam in shark infested waters,
gone fishing for 48 hours straight non stop standing
Lived 4 months comfortably without power, ( a whole string of problem solving happens there )

Well thats all the cool stuff thats happened to me/ I have done so far. What about yall?

Sleek it sure sounds like ya lived on the edge.... 8)  some of us have lived boring lives.  I think I have 9 lives used up at least 4.  I basically came into this planet almost dead; Blue as blue could be. Had the big "C" a couple years ago.  Funny thing how this subject came up.  If I could really, Really, really live another 4 lives, I could not do all the things I could have done. 
What are they...?

(1) Fighter pilot
(2) Professional race car driver
(3) or race car team mechanic
(4) Air traffic controller
(5) Professional Tennis player
(6) Build bows for a living..?

Are those big dreams, Nope not at all.  I was extemely fit when young, big time stamina and I could multi task quickly,  could tie my shoes while riding a bike. Think I'll go in the Garage now to work on a bow..... ;)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 06:07:22 pm by bow101 »
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell