Author Topic: found still another way to break a bow  (Read 2152 times)

Offline bushboy

found still another way to break a bow
« on: August 27, 2013, 08:14:22 pm »
So my friend ask me to mark a bow for him.and I was Just shooting it in,put bout 50 shots threw it and was unbracing using the step thru method and my work boot snagged on the string throwing me off balance and..#*"? Ал#*!lol!'M getting very creative at this bow buusting business(BBB) !ol!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: found still another way to break a bow
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:26:23 pm »
lmao nice.

Offline bow101

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 08:27:34 pm »
Is that a maple board bow..?  Funny thing because 2 weeks ago I did exactly the same thing.  Used the stringer to brace it, and used the push pull method to unstring it, and the bottom limb broke just above the tip where I know it was bending to much.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline bushboy

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 08:32:42 pm »
Yeah it was a maple board,the tiller looked ok I just made the chioce to break the bow rather than my head!lol!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 08:36:05 pm »
Man...that sucks!  Lol!  I believe I would of sacrificed the bow as well.  Josh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 11:50:30 pm »
It broke along a grain line. Thats the only way the break would be that clean.  Something to stay away from on your next board purchase.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bushboy

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 12:09:26 am »
No I step on it.the board was fine I think ?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 12:11:37 am »
It broke along a grain line whether you stepped on it or not. That is a clean break and I've never seen a clean break across the grain.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline randman

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 12:43:18 am »
Yeah that definitely split right along the grain because I can even see in the pics the flake of the grain that you will only see along a perfect split line or on wood that is cut perfectly on the quarter.....probably would have broke on the runout at some point whether you stepped on it or not but I feel yer pain Bushboy...done things like that myself a time or 2.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 10:19:49 am »
If there's an issue with the grain,I don't see it.200lbs coming down on outter third caused the failure imoa.