Author Topic: 2013 Trade Bow "Deer Hunter" Theme  (Read 8521 times)

Offline Arrowind

Re: 2013 Trade Bow "Deer Hunter" Theme
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2013, 11:52:45 am »
Buckeye Guy
missilemaster

Thanks!

Pappy,
Thanks! yeah i know what you mean about the tip hanging over.  I just cant resist.  I wanted the top tip to be the tip of an antler which it is.  after I put it on i had to be really careful not to bang it on stuff.  I hope it survives being shipped.  I know packages just get thrown around.  I packed that sucker with so much bubbly wrap I had a hard time getting it into the tube.  Hopefully the person it's going to will be able to get it out!  ;D

Gun Doc

Thanks!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Stringman

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2013, 06:33:27 pm »
I would say the person pulling that bow out of the tube would be more than happy to take his time carefully unwrapping that package when he saw the finished result! I would think that even if he was less than thrilled to work so hard opening the tube  and finding a way to remove the whole glob, that once he was witness to your amazing work all would be forgotten... I would also say that if said person was me, more than likely he might even be a tid bit grateful to the craftsman who took such pains to protect the treasure on its trip. I would say it, and I DO!!

Jared you did a fair job of capturing the beauty of your work. The tips, grip, paint scheme, symmetry, tiller and overall look of this bow is exactly as it appears in your pictures. However, in all of your photos there lacks one element... My name! That beautiful little detail did not materialize until I held the weapon in my meaty hands. I apologize to all you green eyed wood monsters drooling over this bow, for this little dandy will never nestle comfortably in your hands. Rather, it is destined to live its life in a place of honor on my wall. Jared, my friend you have my gratitude!

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2013, 07:24:20 pm »
Thanks Stringman!  I have to say when I got your name I was a little intimidated. (well a lot)  I've seen your bows and know how good they are.  I was really concerned about making one that would be good enough.  I can honestly say I made my very best effort.  Sounds like it found the right home and I'm glad.  I put just over a hundred arrows through it.  I hope it holds for at least that many more.   :P   :o ;D THANKS for your kind words!

Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 08:24:39 pm »
Excellent looking bow
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2013, 08:36:35 pm »
Thanks Dvshunter!