Author Topic: Finally got boards to work  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Newindian

Finally got boards to work
« on: August 22, 2013, 09:44:25 pm »
Red oak, trapped , heat treated, asymmetrical (cant find my tape measure so can't tell you how much), juniper bark backed, black wood tip overlays, about 45#@27". 1" string follow after shooting settles back to just a tad of reflex. The tiller isn't to great outer upper limb is to stiff but it is an absolute joy to shoot, most accurate bow I've made.
I like free stuff.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Re: Finally got boards to work
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 10:04:20 pm »
Nice lookin board bow!! I like that backing.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 11:10:16 pm »
Sweet.  I would like to see a close up of the bark backing.  Been contemplating doing one myself. 
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Newindian

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 11:56:12 pm »
Slimbob if you look through my post you will find one telling how I did this one (juniper bark) here are two close ups ( lighting makes them appear different colors actual color is the red) and one of the average kind of grouping I'm getting at fifteen yards
I like free stuff.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 02:33:04 am »
So cool what is the reasoning behind these asymmetric bows? I've seen a few but never got what the point was I heard something about lower hand shock or something maybe you know ?
I like osage

Offline Newindian

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 07:27:05 pm »
I don't really know, this bow was actually and accident, from the little bit of research I've done most people don't know either. I remember sombody suggesting that it may of been done for shooting a longer bow off horse back , and somebody els suggesting that it may of been for philosophical reasons
I like free stuff.