Author Topic: Shooting with the Nephew  (Read 1398 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Shooting with the Nephew
« on: August 22, 2013, 11:08:15 pm »
My nephew came to town and I had made a small bow a while ago so we went out in the yard and shot around.  It was mostly him watching me shoot and chasing the arrow down.  It got me thinking about when I get some kids all the bows I can make for them!  Anyway, even though he's not even two yet I'm definitely the cool uncle!

Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: Shooting with the Nephew
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 12:18:48 pm »
I second that! Once I make a bow actually. My grandson is two and will do pretty much anything he sees me do. Kind of fun sometimes.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 12:44:57 pm »
Don't have kids but have a niece and nephew 4 streets over that love it.  It's fun with the kids.
That's a cool picture.  Is that your hackberry bow with the century plant string?  Looks cool.
1’—>1’

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 03:22:18 pm »
Don't have kids but have a niece and nephew 4 streets over that love it.  It's fun with the kids.
That's a cool picture.  Is that your hackberry bow with the century plant string?  Looks cool.

Yeah, I'm not going to be touching any of the other bows for a while now. lol.  I never expected being an uncle would be so much fun!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 05:12:12 pm »
Tim, the only thing that beats that is doin w/ you own kid, and better yet, when they start going to 3D shoots w/ ya!  Way to go Cool Uncle!! dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 10:12:56 pm »
Keep him interested Tim way to go.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 09:48:28 am »
Tim, the only thing that beats that is doin w/ you own kid, and better yet, when they start going to 3D shoots w/ ya!  Way to go Cool Uncle!! dpg

Yep, and enjoy it, because they grow up fast. My "little shooting buddy" is in Navy basic training right now.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline sleek

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 10:58:21 pm »
I cant see the pic for whatever reason. And yes, I have discoverd young kids make great arrow retrievers :D Just teach them not to run with it and pull it from the target straight out, not yank it to the side.....

Hillbilly, I started my 5 years of awesome life adventure in Great Lakes too....  Hope your ( son? ) enjoys the hell out of it. Two important tips here, tell him to remain sober enough at least one day to remember the port of call he went to, and the other is to buy something at every place he stops. I bought local art work. Very glad I did. Whats his job going to be?

Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others