Author Topic: P.A vid cam  (Read 991 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

P.A vid cam
« on: August 21, 2013, 06:58:32 pm »
so being out here in cali and just barely out of reach of good well known bowyers(bubby to name one), i thought it would be a cool idea to make a video journal or how to videos. we'll send out a camera to one person, they make a "how to" tutorial, or just give a lesson on certain subjects like different types of wood and their properties, then pass it on to the next person. string twisting, bow demension and layouts, tillering, recurving, straightening and removing twist, applying skin, the amount of information that could be put together is endless. maybe there could even be a special issue of primitive archer with the dvd attached. the whole point would be to get information out there more easily, therefore bringing in more bowyers. i love this site and ive learned so much just by reading and asking questions but i cant imagine how much of a deeper understanding i would have of certain things if i could actually see it being done.

what do you guys think?

Offline bubby

Re: P.A vid cam
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:56:03 pm »
dude just give me a call, maybe we can set something up, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:03:38 pm »
Cool idea
I like osage

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 10:16:23 pm »
I think it should be uploaded to a primitive archer youtube channel.  That way it would be free to everyone and whoever takes their time to manage it will get a few pennies from advertisements for their troubles.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that folks that do these kinds of things are generally not terribly tech savvy so editing and producing will likely not be very high quality as most of us are novices when it comes to editing.

Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 10:41:07 pm »
I think it should be uploaded to a primitive archer youtube channel.  That way it would be free to everyone and whoever takes their time to manage it will get a few pennies from advertisements for their troubles.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that folks that do these kinds of things are generally not terribly tech savvy so editing and producing will likely not be very high quality as most of us are novices when it comes to editing.

That's a good idea too

Offline wildman

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 02:31:58 am »
Awesome idea!
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-