Author Topic: Pipe dreaming...  (Read 2337 times)

Offline sleek

Pipe dreaming...
« on: August 17, 2013, 03:03:58 am »
I would love to have a few acres with bow wood and plenty of cane on it. Maybe oneday I can find a bit of land in a river bottom that is useless to build on for cheap. I would plant so much switch cane on it to supply arrows with to folks maybe the land would pay for itself. Also would have randome fruit trees and bow wood planted there. I could hunt it in season. Low lying worthless land is so valuable to me... I need to call a real estate agent.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline wildman

Re: Pipe dreaming...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 04:31:56 am »
It is a great feeling,I just swapped a small farm for another closer to the house. It has osage,hickory,hornbeam ,cane deer,turkey, squirrels and furbearers of all types. I wish everyone could have a dream spot. Goodluck!
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 04:37:34 am »
Sounds like my dream.... I can see it now 5000 acres of bow wood (mostly Osage lol) and arrow shaft material with a river running straight through it with a nice spot near the river that I can build a cabin from cedar trees cut off my own property Ohhh the dreaming Maybe one day, maybe not
I like osage

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 10:43:06 am »
I once wanted a few hundred acres of my own hunting land, that is, until I managed from hundreds to thousands of acres of hunting club land in different clubs. I found out just what kind of low life scum inhabits this earth and how they will vandalize and burn your structures, spotlight and kill the deer on your place at night, steal anything that isn't nailed down and completely ignore your posted signs.

I decided that the above mentioned behavior would drive me nuts if it were taking place on my own land. I have 4 acres of woods behind my house, loaded with deer traffic, squirrels for the skillet and probably a half dozen species of fine bow wood trees.  This is enough land for me, I have "0" problems with John Q public.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:46:17 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 11:44:03 pm »
I'm after an island in the Carribean I can stock with wild goats, turkeys, Fallow deer and Sanbar deer. When it gets to hot to hunt it's time to go after lobsters for lunch or spear fish some Snappers.

And, yea, , the hammock between the two palm trees. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 09:15:44 am »
Eddy:
That place sounds a lot like "Margaritaville"
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 09:26:21 am »
Like Eric said it is a pain owning you own land sometimes,I don't have much trouble now,but from time to time I do and always have that worry,pretty cool most of the time tho.  :) :) Trouble is their isn't much worthless land around any more you can buy on the cheap as you say. :) They don't make it any more and more people wanting a little piece of what is here. :) Never hurts to dream. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 12:26:36 am »
I'm after an island in the Carribean I can stock with wild goats, turkeys, Fallow deer and Sanbar deer. When it gets to hot to hunt it's time to go after lobsters for lunch or spear fish some Snappers.

And, yea, , the hammock between the two palm trees. :)
Say, why are all the ants moving inland, and the wind has stopped, and the sky is getting dark, and why are all the birds gone, and all the goats are all up in the higher elevations?  Hmmmm, better check the barometer!

I always wanted a lot of land out west.  A mountain actually.  But I have 5.8 acres surrounded by mountains, and lakes, and rivers, and creeks, and loads of deer, turkey, one Stellars' Jay one lone grouse,an occasional mountain lion, and a bear or two, half a mile from the national forest, 1 1/2 miles from a water fall, about 7 or eight miles from town.  No bow wood on my property, but there is some Mountain Maple not far in the mountains.  Oh, and lots of huckleberries!  I am close to a mountain, that is covered with Huckle Berry bushes!  So I guess I am happy with that. ;  Now if I can just sell this house, and get back out to it!

Wayne
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:27:51 pm by stickbender »

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 02:38:15 am »
Mullet, I like the way you think!  I've actually got an island in the Pacific picked out.   8)
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 09:06:52 am »
A little bit of land so it's easy to maintain. It would have varieties of fruit trees so I could pick fresh food all year .Room for a garden and a couple chickens. It would have to be within walking distance of good fishing and/or close to a boat ramp.............................wait a minute that's were I live now. I guess less people so close would be the dream.
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 04:26:09 pm »
Mullet, I like the way you think!  I've actually got an island in the Pacific picked out.   8)

It even has a cute name....... "Bikini" Island...... ::)

Wayne

Offline Polar Bear

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 06:51:37 pm »
I always wanted a place where when I step out of the front door the ocean is about 100 yards away.  Then when you step out the back door you look across a meadow and stream and there are the mountains.
When we do right no one remembers, when we do wrong no one forgets.

Offline sleek

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 07:12:49 pm »
Move to alaska
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others