Author Topic: need some reassurance on a fix  (Read 8457 times)

blackhawk

Re: need some reassurance on a fix
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2013, 07:46:37 am »
I put a real thin piece of rawhide over it,and letting that dry 24 hours,and I'll put the skins on tonight...then let it sit for at least a few days in a hot box before commencing shooting again

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2013, 08:01:54 am »
Looking forward to see the out come, thought you was using silly putty and duct tape. ???  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Roy

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2013, 08:06:59 am »
LMAO, Pappy :)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2013, 11:02:26 am »
That rawhide thinned should work.With those python skins over it.I still think some combed flax[they are very thin angel hair like strands] over it tapered over your super glued small crack would work too with epoxy and even be less noticeable.That python skin will need to be wrapped after applying it with it being so thick.They just don't stay lay down nice for me otherwise.Using that sheet rock seam tape cut 1/2" wide so it can dry quicker.
How many arrows you gonna shoot through it before you call it safe.I've got an issue you know with my winged elm in one fade I'm fixing with double sinew wraps.I expect to shoot at least 500 arrows through that before I really 90% trust it.Them type bows take a while for me to fully trust like 6 months or so & 1000 arrows through it......LOL..
Oh and the rest of you guys who hav'nt seen Chris's bow yet it's a stunner for sure.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

blackhawk

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2013, 11:25:56 am »
Yeah Ed...its gonna take me a lot more arrows than usual for it to gain my trust back...I'll expend a couple hundred+ over next week,and if alls OK yet I'll put some coats of oil on it to seal it some,and shoot some more before adding more coats to fill the skins...yeah I know I'll need to wrap those skins when gluing em down...I've done em before and they can be stubborn..I use ace bandage wraps...