Author Topic: I'm now a working engineer!  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Slackbunny

I'm now a working engineer!
« on: August 20, 2013, 07:39:08 pm »
Just got the offer letter today. After a frustrating and difficult search with a number of highs and lows, I've finally found work as a mechanical engineer. The job is at Metalfab Ltd, a small company that designs and builds fire trucks. And its only twenty minutes from my hometown, and forty minutes from my long time girlfriend's. I am very lucky to have landed this position. Most of my colleagues are being forced out to the oil fields of Alberta to find work. There isn't much for opportunity around here, but I lucked out.

I can finally start moving forward with the next stage of my life. My girlfriend, Holly and I decided to wait until I was done school to get married, but neither of us realized at the time that it would be a seven year haul after changing programs and having course scheduling issues. Holly has supported me all through school and now I can finally give her the life we've been looking forward to for so long.

Its been a crazy seven years, and its been a blast. I met a lot of great people and had some amazing experiences. But I am happy to leave it all behind me and start the next phase of my life.

I'm really excited and I just had to share it with you guys.

Offline bubby

Re: I'm now a working engineer!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 07:58:09 pm »
congrat's bunny, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 08:05:25 pm »
Good to find work away from the oilfeild.. Where abouts in the wild rose province? I'm in the Hat
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 08:52:04 pm »
Congrats on the job and on obviously a good woman that stands beside you.. When you butt heads with the assembly people( it will happen) just remember their the experts. Took me awhile to figure that out and once I did my job was much more enjoyable and effective. Just my $.02... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 09:21:24 pm »
Good to find work away from the oilfeild.. Where abouts in the wild rose province? I'm in the Hat
Thanks Leroy

Living in Fredericton at the moment, but I'll be moving upriver for my job in Centreville shortly.

Congrats on the job and on obviously a good woman that stands beside you.. When you butt heads with the assembly people( it will happen) just remember their the experts. Took me awhile to figure that out and once I did my job was much more enjoyable and effective. Just my $.02... Brian

I'll remember that. Thanks.