Author Topic: call your Brother  (Read 3093 times)

Offline sonny

call your Brother
« on: August 10, 2013, 07:58:31 pm »
...or Sister, Mother, Father.

I got a phone call from my Mother this morning that my Brother had died. It came as a shock to her the same
that it did to me as he had distanced himself from us ever since our Dad died several years ago. His calls got
fewer and farther in between so I had no idea that he had been ill. Perhaps that's the way he wanted it.
Unfortunately it leaves me sad and my mother asking a bunch of questions for which I don't have the answer.

call your Brother...

:'( 
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Lemos

Re: call your Brother
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 09:30:10 pm »
I'm sorry for your loss Sonny. Tomorrow is one month since losing my mom, everyday I've thought why didn't I stop in and say hi ( drove by one hour before her heart attack, in a rush to get kids to the zoo made it back three minutes after the paramedics called it quits). I've since made it a point to call and visit all my family and friends at every opportunity even if its just a text or quick call to say hi. Lives to short not to show the ones you love that they're cared for and appreciated. Again I'm sorry my friend and will pray for comfort for you and your family.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 10:13:16 pm »
I'm really sorry for your loss. I just sent my brothers a text with the link to this thread. They haven't spoken to each other in years. Maybe this will prompt each of them to start fresh and call each other.. Prayers for you and your family.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 11:07:50 pm »
Sorry for your loss Sonny...
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 11:16:24 pm »
Sorry for your lose Sonny.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 11:37:57 pm »
I am so sorry for your loss.  You are in my prayers.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 11:58:32 pm »
Sorry for your loss Glenn.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 12:21:34 am »
I'm sorry, Glenn. You are so right, I hadn't talked to my little sister in three years because no one new where she was. Then A Funeral Home called because someone that new me saw a John Doe Obituary in the paper of her death. They finally tracked me down after three months and it's still on my mind every day.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:30:42 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 02:42:27 am »
I have struggled with my family for many years.  After a serious tragedy turned my life around I tried to reconnect but I was shut down time after time after time.  And I quit.  I moved on.

Somewhere along the line, my parents finally realized they were not getting any younger and they reached out.  My first response was to let them have a taste of their own medicine, but I bit my tongue. Today I attended their 60th Anniversary party.  For the first time in 40 years we were all together under one roof.  And there are photos to prove it.  It was a good time.  Breakfast with my parents tomorrow morning and I am back on the road for home. 

Tough break Glenn.  I am glad your mother has you to be with her for this.  She's going to need you more than ever.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sonny

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 11:15:18 am »
thanks everyone!

(the following was copied from an e-mail I sent to a good friend this morning- I felt it appropriate
to post it here)
I hope that this doesn't come across as callous or uncaring..
but at least my Mom won't have to worry about him any longer. Every so often she
would ask me about him. "Have you heard from your brother?" The answer was always the
same- "No." She would also ask why he no longer chose to communicate with her. I never
had a good answer for that, mostly went on to tell her that I didn't hear from him either.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline artcher1

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 06:31:24 pm »
Real sorry for your loss also Glenn! Thanks for the reminder my friend.........Art

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 06:41:10 pm »
Sorry to hear it, Glenn.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 11:29:22 pm »
I hope this helps your mother over the pain of wondering why she is not hearing from her son.  But unfortunately, now the pain of wondering why he never called will only deepen.  I encourage you to be there for her. 

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, brother.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sonny

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 09:52:35 am »
I hope this helps your mother over the pain of wondering why she is not hearing from her son.  But unfortunately, now the pain of wondering why he never called will only deepen.  I encourage you to be there for her. 

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, brother.

We had a nice talk at lunch on Sunday, my Mom and I, during which I brought that up. She confirmed with me that
there is some welcome relief in no longer wondering and worrying about him.
This has really been tough on her and me as well. So far I'm standing strong for her.

Thanks again everyone!   

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 12:40:10 pm »
I'm gonna email my grandma right now.  Thanks for the warning sonny, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)