Author Topic: Shooting style  (Read 1118 times)

Offline bow101

Shooting style
« on: August 17, 2013, 11:04:53 pm »
Is instinctive better to start or sight down the arrow.  I looked at some videos and tips on Youtube, but a liitle confused about instinctive style.  Do you not still have to sight the arrow head somewhat.  I understand the part about looking at the target, Aim Small..follow thru by looking at the target after release.  In the next few days I'll have to seriously try the "instinctive style"  if that don;t pan out just keep doing the other way which is coming along, just have to fine tune the bow especially the arrow spine and lenght.
Let me put it this way have to build arrows of varied spine and lenght and find out what works best, my arrows look great nice and straight, just need more... ::)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Shooting style
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 01:08:25 am »
I learned instinctive shooting from G.Fred Asbel's book "Instinctive Shooting".To me thats the easiest to learn but it takes lots of practice and lots of concentration.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 01:19:54 am »
Using the tip of the arrow to aim I believe is called gap shooting not sure but both methods can be equally accurate I guess it's personal preference
I like osage

Offline Weylin

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 03:19:54 am »
In my opinion, you can't just "try" instinctive shooting and get good results. Your brain and body need a lot of practice and consistency to coordinate and start putting the arrow where you're looking. It takes time, there will necessarily be a period of inconsistent results while your "wiring" is being set up.