Author Topic: Facebook stupidity  (Read 5029 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Facebook stupidity
« on: August 09, 2013, 11:06:56 pm »
The other day I harvested some nice mesquite beans. I took a pic and posted it on my classroom Facebook page. A lady that works in the cafeteria said she didn't know you could eat them.. I commented and then explained how various south western tribes had many uses for the mesquite beans..

Then stupidity showed up.. A former teacher chimed in. She works for a different district, but my children could have had her as a classroom teacher.. Thank goodness that didn't happen.. Here's what she had to say:

Native Americans Couldn't Have Eaten Them! They Weren't Introduced To This Area Until Well After We "Called" Them "Native" Americans! I'm a Botanist! Mesquites Are Not Indigenous to THIS State Or Country.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline 4dog

Re: Facebook stupidity
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 11:12:17 pm »
Wow,, just,, wow!  ???
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 02:03:05 am »

Botanist?  Was she given an honorary title?  God I hope she doesn't vote! :o  Uh, I think you should encourage her to go on line, and look up Mesquite, then do a historical useage  search.
     Perhaps, she might wake up. ::)  Who knows, maybe if you mention the "Lost  Comanche gold Mines", in the area, she will wander off into the desert...... ::)

Wayne

Offline criveraville

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 02:55:19 am »
Yep 4dog  ;)

Wayne, you are right on all counts!! Worst part is that she was being.. Ummm well not nice.. And was sharp shooting.. Crazy.. Na.. I think that degree came out of a gum ball machine..

Cipriano 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 03:05:02 am »

Might want to ask her where she came up with that info.  Then direct her to the correct sources, such as the local Ag. Commission, all on  face book of course, so the kids can also check out the sites. ;)

Wayne

Offline warpath

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 12:15:56 pm »
I have to chime in here. Mesquite has been here forever!! As a member of the Apache nation, our warbows were traditionally made from mesquite. Does she think that just because she's a botonist that what she says goes?! She needs to go back to school!!

G

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 12:52:51 pm »
so how does mesquite shoot?
wow... then agian I am also kinda guilty of that sometimes...
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline warpath

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 01:39:58 pm »
Shoots great!!! It's finding a long enough piece that poses the biggest problem nowadays.

G

Offline criveraville

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 10:09:23 pm »
warpath that's it. It was well established when the Spanish crosses the US in the early 1500's and the term Native Ameican wasn't in use until the 1960's.

Yep.. Pretty much.. This lady felt pretty higjt and mighty on an old nag Shetland pony..

Where are you located? We have plenty of long thick mesquite in these parts..

Cipiano

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 10:34:16 pm »

There ya go Warpath, the old spinster nag, actually did some good, instead of her intended nastiness.  Load up with "newly introduced species of bow wood, called Mesquite:. ;D
      Cipriano ask her where she got her info, and from where was it supposedly introduced?
And how come all them "Injuns" didn't know they were "Native Americans, till the 60's ?  I guess it was because they were eating the mesquite beans before they were officially introduced to the U.S. . ;)  Sounds like she has some personal issues, so to speak.   Pm me the face book site, and I will send a little note of ....uh..... correction, so to speak. ::) ::)

Wayne

Offline Marks

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 02:01:38 pm »
hehe. reply with the appropriate links from credible sites and at the end of the post type.....

BOTONIZE THAT!!! or BOTONIZE THAT B :o TCH!!

whichever you are more comfortable with.  >:D

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 03:31:16 pm »
hehe. reply with the appropriate links from credible sites and at the end of the post type.....

BOTONIZE THAT!!! or BOTONIZE THAT B :o TCH!!

whichever you are more comfortable with.  >:D

I second this.  ;D
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline warpath

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 06:59:08 pm »
Criveraville-  Relocated to New Jersey many many moons ago. I'll pm you.

G

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 07:02:30 pm »
Hahhaa she isnt the brightest nut  in the turd is she  ::)
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline darwin

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 11:21:11 am »
stupidity aside, I really didn't know you could eat those i learned something new today