Author Topic: a couple of knives  (Read 1454 times)

Offline warpath

a couple of knives
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:42:18 pm »
Here are a couple of knives I just finished up today. The first 2 are of a nice little obsidian skinner. The blade was made by Trapper Rob. It's mounted to a little white-tail tine with some ferrel-tite and wrapped with artificial sinew. The sheath is made of some brain-tanned buckskin stitched together with artificial sinew and fringed on one side. I then added a belt loop that can also fit around some leather lacing for a nice little neck knife. The whole knife is 6" overall with a 2 1/4" blade.

The second knife is an obsidian turkey tail made by Stringman and acquired through Tattoo Dave. It is mounted to a white-tail crown with ferrel-tite and hafted with deer leg sinew from Trapper Rob. The sheath is from the same brain-tanned buckskin with prairie rattler accenting the front. The closure on the belt loop is buckskin and a white-tail antler bead. The overall length of the knife is 7" with a 3" blade. The blade is actually 4" including the 1" that is set into the antler as a partial tang.

I've used ferrel-tite to mount obsidian knives for quite awhile without any problems. Anyone else try it? I use it because it's not easy to get good quality pitch around here. Please let me know what you think everyone.

G

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: a couple of knives
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 10:48:11 pm »
Those are real nice and the sheaths look cool, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 09:12:09 am »
Those look good
Venice Florida

Offline warpath

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 11:58:36 am »
Thanks guys! Hey Bonepile!!! If you want to send that new point you made this way, it would look great in my collection!!  >:D

G

Stringman

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 07:10:30 pm »
NICE work, G!! Looks like the Ferreltite works good. Never tried it myself.