Author Topic: "The Big Bear" osage self bow made from "The Monster Osage Tree"  (Read 16041 times)

Offline David_Daugherty

Re: "The Big Bear" osage self bow made from "The Monster Osage Tree"
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2013, 12:35:49 am »
I absolutly love this bow design!!  I refer to it often as I plan to make another to take bear hunting in Virginia this year.  Just curious what was the distance of the shot you made on the bear?
"You can't put a price on being inspired"-Zooey Deschanel

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2013, 02:16:43 am »
That is awesome! How did u get those bears to look so good? I jack everything if it is sculpting wood like that! Congrats on the bruin! ;)
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2013, 02:55:35 am »
Beautiful bow, beautiful bear.

As a side note -  I gotta disagreee with you about the CA hunting ban on lions causing an increase in attacks. Mountain lions attacks on people are dropping dramatically in CA.  IN the last 20 years their have been 6 verified lion attacks on people, one fatal. Amazing few given the lion populations, and their proximity to people and our states massive population. And fewer lions are being shot with depredation permits to0 (down 71% since 2000), so that's not the reason. Nobody really knows why the attacks are less.  I hunt too, BTW, and I live in lion country, but I'd only shoot one for self defense. Those big predators are vital in our ecosystems.

Sorry I'll get off my soap box now  ;) ;)

Gabe
Humboldt County CA.