Author Topic: My 3rd bow, 1st in hunting weight 43# @ 28 not sure of ntn.  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Ed Brooks

Made from a Yew limb, I know I messed up and made it against the curve of the limb,I used no heat to straiten, I learned a lot making this bow. It is going to stay how it is, however I would like input from you guys and gals, good and bad, for my next build. Sorry about the bailing twine string.
here are a couple knifes I halted up, I only made the glass blade, the stone is from e-bay, these are acompanied withe one of my sinew bow strings. Thanks for looking. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: My 3rd bow, 1st in hunting weight 43# @ 28 not sure of ntn.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 04:06:51 pm »
Tiller looks good Ed. Next time heat that deflex into reflex and make the same bow.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Ed Brooks

Re: My 3rd bow, 1st in hunting weight 43# @ 28 not sure of ntn.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 05:54:08 pm »
Tiller looks good Ed. Next time heat that deflex into reflex and make the same bow.
Thank you Pearl Drums; this started out as a bent limb, & I was wondering if I would have cut the other side of the limb away, I wouldn't have had to worry about heating then would I? This is my thought anyway. Ed 
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,