Author Topic: Fine english walnut and/or obsidian for staves, arrow shafts, etc, ????  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Orion

Hello, everyone.  I am new here and just getting into this hobby.  Unfortunately I live in the middle of the Mojave desert, so bow wood is pretty scarce, as are virtually all other bowmaking supplies.  I do happen to have a VERY, VERY high end gunmaker that is a family friend who gives me as much of his scrap stock wood as I want.  I can get some fairly large pieces, down to smaller stuff.  This would make great overlays, handles, knife/pistol handles, etc.  I also have obsidian, almost all of which is grey banded, but I can get some snowflake as well. I do have some larger stuff, as shown in the pic. 

I would be willing to trade for staves, arrow shafts (50-55 lb), etc. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks,

Bryan

Offline BowSlayer

Hello there.  I have a maple log I need to split.  If you can pay the postage ill send it to you for some of the walnut. Cheers
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
Re: Fine english walnut and/or obsidian for staves, arrow shafts, etc, ????
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 04:26:10 pm »
Do you still have pieces of the walnut for trade?

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 05:02:00 pm »
hey, if you pay shipping.. ive got some ash i would happily trade for some obsidian.
its seasoned... and the sister stave made a really good bow.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Orion

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:11:56 pm »
I do have walnut left, but am currently out of obsidian.  I hope to get more once it cools down a bit out here.

Bryan

Offline seabass

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 06:56:54 pm »
I need a high end stock made.i would like to talk to your friend.could you pm me with his details?thanks
Middletown,Ohio