Author Topic: First Primitives (pics fixed)  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
Re: First Primitives (pics fixed)
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 04:16:29 pm »
I got a couple I was gonna take down to the lake but I've been getting called into work alot some sometime I'll get to it.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 02:33:34 pm »
It's made from pine pitch and charcole with a little bees wax. This One has bone in the shaft but usually they where made to be disposable. Or they used a material with a pith such as oceanspray and then the shaft would float.

you could just use Bamboo garden sticks.  That floats!  How do you shoot that arrow?  Are you aiming ofr sittign birds?  Because I've been considerign a hop in the kayak for goose and ducks. and I had this idea for an arrow that would scoot across the surface.  That ball will do it?  Does it kill by concussion or the poke?  You would think you'd want something taht would stick into them and make it harder to fly away.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 03:03:15 pm »
From doing some digging it's a little bit of both. The arrow whether its a hard enough blow to knock the duck dead it's certainly enough to break the fragile wing bones, so it's no longer able to fly off and easily scooped up by kayak or canoe.
From shooting, the only problem was finding the right angle to shoot to make it skip on the water. Once you got that its pretty basic, I switch the fletching to 2 goose feather,and that improved of the speed, And the stability.

But I need to do some more shooting
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline tipi stuff

• Curtis Carter
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 10:22:30 pm »
Great looking arrows, and nice variety.  CC