Author Topic: Allmost bought a bow !!  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Buckeye Guy

Allmost bought a bow !!
« on: July 15, 2013, 01:05:07 pm »
Over the weekend I went to an OSTA shoot  , had a blast shooting with the folks from Ohio !
It has been awhile since they held a shoot in my neighborhood  , Good to see them !
While visiting with one of the vendors,a fellow pulls a bow out of its case to talk trade and from 20 feet away I say woo that looks familiar , can I look at it ! He says someone in penn. made it ,and I said yes and I know who !
He looked at me like ya right !
It was for sure a signature trade mark design of a boyer I know name of Blackhawk !
Not sure how it got into the hands of these cookie cutter fellows or why they thought that cracks in Osage was a problem, but wish I would have had some money with me for sure !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

blackhawk

Re: Allmost bought a bow !!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 01:40:52 pm »
Huh..? ? ? ? ? ? ?  ???  Ya positive guy? I'm trying to think who all has one of mine,n not sure any of em would give em up,cus I don't give out too many and I've never sold a bow,and I'd hope whoever I gave it too wouldn't turn around and sell it...? Did it have my signature?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 01:46:20 pm »
My thoughts exactly..........not sure if I would be flattered or pissed?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 02:23:56 pm »
Yes it did  Chris
I don't make many mistakes when it comes to bows !
Out of the Mighty Mouse linage ,right size, shape, draw length, little light on draw weight , your signature
 ( was a little neater than normal, Thought maybe Haily signed it for you  >:D )
And rumor has it they sell for over $400
I said ya that's about all they are worth !!!! >:D :laugh:
He said he traded someone for it .
I explained a few things to him and he still has it ,  he will try it a bit more !
 if he does I am sure he will be happy with it !!!
Man I could of had a 2nd Blackhawk bow !!!!!
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

blackhawk

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 02:53:40 pm »
Pm sent Guy....were gonna unravel this mystery in private and on the DL for now to keep names out of it ;)  :-X

400$ ya say eh?  Dang....

Offline autologus

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 03:38:32 pm »
Don't sell your self short, the quality of bow that you make could easily fetch several hundred dollars.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 04:13:47 pm »
Wasn't my Blackhawk bow.  Its safe and sound in my house.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline k-hat

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 04:17:26 pm »
Wasn't my blackhawk bow.  Wait... i don't have a blackhawk bow! (hint hint ;))

I totally understand, I would be pretty ticked if i gave a bow to someone and they turned around and sold it.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 04:36:04 pm »
I understand being a little upset , but when you give it to them it is theirs to do as they want !
Also I have bought a a decent amount of stuff from wifes and exwifes to give back to fellows that did not make so good of choices in life and needed help starting down a different path !
Life happens !
Don't be to hard on others you may need them to help you one day !
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 04:50:04 pm »
I sold a bow to a guy in Connecticut long ago, many years later another guy bought that same bow from an archery shop in Chattanooga Tn. Always wondered how the bow got so far south.

Offline seabass

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 05:06:18 pm »
wasn't me Chris.mine is also safe and sound.
Middletown,Ohio

blackhawk

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 05:10:21 pm »
Well..after some digging thru the dusty vaults of my mind and some pms with guy I figured it out...

Here's the bow that was in question.....

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php?topic=33976.0

I feel better now that it was this one..and not at the same time for a different reason ;) ..here's the background behind why its not in my possession anymore... back at this years classic a older gentleman was walking around with a bow blank he bought off of James Parker the year before....I even remembered seeing that bow blank on James table ,and I believe it was/is a Marc St Louis reflex deflex recurve bbo.....originally the guy had wanted to tiller it out and have a natural materials bow,but never did,but still wanted it to be made,and didn't want to do it himself...so as he was walking around with it he was looking  for a bowyer to pay them to tiller it out for him...he went up to a group of guys(bowyers) and for some reason they all pointed him in my direction ...lol  :laugh:  ...so..as someone who does this for fun and not wanting to get paid for services I offered him a trade....now,as pearl drums can attest to(as he was there) I sat there in silence for awhile spinning the wheels in my head because the only bow that I had down there with me that matched his stats was my hunting bow...yup...this bow right here...its no eye candy for the camera,but it was my hunting rig all last fall,winter,and spring....so that's saying something about how well I thought of this bow...but I ended up trading him for it...knowing full well many non bowyer archers wheel n deal bows left n right and that bows can circulate even for money once out of your possession ...but..I got plenty other bows so its not a real loss...but would I take that bow back?... hell yeah I would...in a heartbeat if take it back...too bad ya didn't get it guy...the gentlemen knew nothing much about self bows n the such but he wanted one..I hope you settled and eased the conflict within his mind about a check in the bow,as you know its totally fine...that bows shot thousands of arrows and has been strung for hours on ends during hunts etc....sorry for the long winded rant...lol ;D

blackhawk

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 05:11:46 pm »
I sold a bow to a guy in Connecticut long ago, many years later another guy bought that same bow from an archery shop in Chattanooga Tn. Always wondered how the bow got so far south.

It must've been trying to find its way back home ;)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 06:47:16 pm »
Your bow must be trying to get back home also cause its in Ohio and I think your side of the state too !
Sorry I didn't grab to help insure its safe return !!
Did not know the story or I would have came up with a way to retrieve it !
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline seabass

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 07:05:19 pm »
glad you got it figured out Chris.
Middletown,Ohio