Author Topic: made a new holster  (Read 7042 times)

Offline seabass

Re: made a new holster
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 06:52:17 pm »
thanks Dave.hey Dave,i need that jalapeno bacon chicken recipe that you have.please send me a pm brother.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 12:26:03 am »
Nice work Steve! I like that! dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 02:11:54 am »
Nice work, Steve.  I've "formed" the leather for a holster for my LCP, but I haven't stitched it up yet.  I put a trigger indent to lock the pistol in place.  It's going to be a clip on belt holster that can double as a back inside waist band holster.

I love my little LCP.  It is surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. I shot a 44 out of 50 in our cabin's annual target shoot.  We shot at standard 25ft. pistol targets.  I had two 10's, two 9's and floated a 6. That wasn't a high enough score to move me to the next round, though.

Here's a pic of the belt holster I made for my Bersa Thunder .22. I took a chapter from a knife builder friend on how he made his sheathes.  I glued and clamped the top piece to the bottom piece, then use a caliper to evenly mark the stitching, then use a needle size drill bit in my drill press to pre-drill the holes before I stitched with a stitching awl.  It actually took me longer to make the form for the leather than it did to stitch up the holster.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline seabass

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 04:46:55 pm »
very nice Dave,it looks great.this was my first holster,i should get better .i have more to make as i have many guns.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline seabass

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 04:50:47 pm »
btw Dave,i sewed my holster together first.then i wet the holster with warm water.i then put the little ruger in a one gallon plastic bag to keep the water off and formed my holster to the gun.it worked really well.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Otis

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 07:14:56 pm »
PM sent Steve.
                           David

Offline seabass

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 12:14:37 am »
thank you for getting with me Dave.i will be making those this week.i can't wait brother.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 04:33:35 pm »
Nice job Steve, looks comfortable and functional.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline seabass

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 05:07:41 pm »
thanks Kevin.it is very comfortable.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Jeanette

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 05:12:05 am »
Seabass:  FYI I really cannot tell by the pic but is this the type of holster that has a flap that goes over the belt?
Also what type of dye did you use? If you use a Fibings type dye after you dye the leather buff it with an old T shirt to remove the oxidation then use a sealer coat (I like super shine) after that dries buff again. this'll help keep the dye new looking and keep the dye from rubbing off on your cloths.
When we make holsters or any "tooling" leather projects we always finish the project with a cream neutral shoe polish just to give it that extra nice look and double seal the leather.

I love the work and it looks good are you going to use a keeper??

Offline seabass

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 09:00:53 pm »
Jeanette,this is a back pocket holster.the gun goes in your pocket towards your backside and the flap goes away from you.it's only function is to look like a wallet in your pocket instead of a gun.it keeps the gun from printing on your pocket.in Ohio,you have to conceal your gun so know one can tell you have it.sorry i forgot to answer your question.the flap of leather is in your pocket and only attached to the holster.it is wallet sized..
Middletown,Ohio

Offline seabass

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 09:03:13 pm »
also it is fiebings usmc black dye.i have yet to get down the the leather shop to get some sealer.i am working alot lately.also no keeper.it is pretty snug in the holster and in my back pocket .
Middletown,Ohio

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 02:37:51 am »
Steve, I've been thinking of making a pouch style holster to look like a cell phone case. My thoughts are the pistol will lay in it with the barrel horizontal and the handle to the top.  Those little LCP's are about the size of a large smart phone, anyhow, then do a fake flap on the top.  No one would ever notice it.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline seabass

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 07:53:37 am »
Dave,google the sneaky pete holster.you will get ideas for the one your thinking of making.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Jeanette

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 10:25:01 pm »
Seabees Down here we have open carry and CC last week we made a holster for a belly gun the old man wanted the holster to fit on his wallet that way if he got robbed all he would have to do is reach in his pocket and hand the wallet over as he fired the gun.
With all that has been going on we have been making more holsters than repairing shoes even had to modify a holster to accommodate a laser.