Author Topic: Looking for knapping stuff - deal in the works  (Read 1885 times)

Offline AJMag

Looking for knapping stuff - deal in the works
« on: July 13, 2013, 09:13:24 pm »
It's been a while since I've actually posted, but still been a lurker.  Anyways, bow building has been on the back-burner for a while and I'm starting to take an interest in knapping, and looking for things to help get me started.  I've got a roll of a pair of 36" rawhide I bought from 3 rivers a long while back for a bow that didn't make it, and also a 6 pack of Eskimo 2 blade 125 gr glue on, 3 of which have been previously glued on and rough sharpened, only used on a foam target.  If that is worth a trade to anybody, I'd like to find anything like copper pressure flakers, boppers, hand/knee pads/mats, good rocks for a newb, etc.

I tried making my own copper boppers.... seemed to come out a little rough and didn't last long on the rocks in the back yard (trucked in decorative stuff) that I thought looked like some kind of chert, it turned out to be pretty hard stuff.  I already have some antler tines that I've played with as flakers but would like to try with copper too.  Still trying to figure out if any of the rocks in the yard will work as percussion or abrasive tools, so I'm pretty open to anything that could help me.  Figure that I may not use these items I have, so might as well try to offer for a trade on anything that someone might have on items they might not be using much anymore.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:47:01 am by AJMag »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Looking for knapping stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 12:37:03 am »
I sent you a PM.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline AJMag

Re: Looking for knapping stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:46:36 am »
Deal pending. Thanks