Author Topic: 38 shells  (Read 2404 times)

Offline RBLusthaus

38 shells
« on: July 11, 2013, 04:55:26 pm »
Hi guys

I am not a gun guy, so please excuse my inappropriate verbiage, if I mess it up. 

I am wanting to make some blunt arrows using 38 shells (or is it casings) as the blundt point.  I would add lead to the shell to bring them up the weight I want, and then mount them on 11/32 shafts.

So, I am looking to trade for some 38 shells (2 dozen, maybe) or any other size that will be a good fit on 11/32 shaft.  Looks count, if different size shells would look better than others.  Please advise.  Of course, let me know what you would like in exchange  -  I have an assortment of stuff and am sure we could work something out. 

Russ

In my mind it was clear as mud, but I guess I should say this also - - I am not looking to remove the slug and powder from a new 38 shell, I just want the empty shells.   Thanx.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: 38 shells
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 05:19:53 pm »
 ;D 357 and 357 Mag. casings work good too.  If you have any cane or can drill a hole in the shaft, putting/glueing a duplex nail with the first head ground to a point in first then glue the casing over it gives it some weight and a bit more damage.  That's what I use in the yard a lot, Mags and a duplex. Some are brass and some are nickle. Good luck, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline sonny

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 07:39:06 pm »
I have some.
send me a pm and we'll work something out.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 11:34:27 pm »
Russ if the trade doesn't work out I'm sure I could grab some, my dad is getting his pistol permit so we should be spending some time at the range
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 09:20:38 am »
iv'e got some 357 mag brass if ya need em
Kevin

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 03:33:32 pm »
Thanks guys.  I got what I needed.  I will keep you guys in mind for the next batch. 

Russ

Offline adb

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 03:48:22 pm »
Try heading out to your local outdoor range. There's usually shit loads on the ground for free at our range.