Author Topic: Dacite Point  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Bugtussle

Dacite Point
« on: July 04, 2013, 11:56:10 pm »
I thought I would do a little knapping while waiting on the fireworks to start.  Dacite is quickly becoming my favorite stone... Not as brittle as obsidian and doesn't an aneurysm like chert  :laugh:
Plus I like the waxy texture...
“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they are not on your road does not mean they are lost.” -- Dalai Lama

Offline TRACY

Re: Dacite Point
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 12:58:37 am »
Nice little point! I like the dacite too.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline papoints

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:02:03 am »
That rascal looks wicked!

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 12:52:31 pm »
Thanks guys!  I am trying to get enough decent (and legal) points to hunt with this year so I am trying to figure out what style to use... Because you know the deer are really particular about the point they are shot with (or in my case... Shot AT with  :laugh:)
“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they are not on your road does not mean they are lost.” -- Dalai Lama

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 01:00:26 pm »
Nice point, good luck hunting with them this year. I'll be trying that myself. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 01:29:28 pm »
Thanks Ed!  And good luck to you too!  There has been a lot blood making them so maybe there be a lot while hunting them  :laugh:

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 02:56:37 pm »
Very nice point, Dacite can be fun. ;D Bob

Offline Tower

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 07:44:23 pm »
Nice one. Great flake scars.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 12:33:40 am »
Thanks Tower!  I sincerely appreciate it.  Now if I could get something decent out of a piece of raw chert I would be as tickled as a dog in a hubcap factory!! ;D