Author Topic: Respect for Property  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Joec123able

Re: Respect for Property
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 09:19:22 am »
Must be the same Lake Manawa I know. I have never been there but my Son and his friends have concurred what you said.

In council bluffs Iowa ? Wow we live really close
I like osage

Offline JessaHein

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 09:21:51 am »
Ooohuhuhu... I hate seeing stuff like this. I've noticed that there isn't a whole lot of garbage laying around most places here in (more rural) Finland, mostly because recyclables have a pant when they are returned to stores for recycling and most paper waste is used for burning in saunas and central heating, but what I do see so much more of is graffiti. And it's like.. even prehistoric cave paintings aren't even safe, people destroy those with graffiti too, easily most of the younger generations because the older ones have respect for nature. I admit, I can simmer low with garbage laying around, just pick it up and have my grumble about it. But seeing stuff vandalized and graffiti'd, I'll go full blown EDP if I see that happening.

"This is why we can't have nice things." It only takes a few dummies to ruin it for the rest of us. :\
Vannon, että osun omenaan!

Offline NimRand

• USAF Retired (Displaced Michigander)
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 07:22:26 am »
I live in Bellevue.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 04:13:14 pm »
I live in Bellevue.

Wow thats crazy we live very close I used to live over there
I like osage

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 09:07:57 pm »
I was in a hunting club with some top of the line guys, professionals, ministers and such, almost everyone of them littered up the club property. I finally got fed up with picking up after them and gave them all a good talking to about defacing the club land with their thoughtlessness at the next club business meeting.

They had all been pitching out thrash for so long it seemed normal to them.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 10:50:35 pm »
Ironic, the very same people that should care about the outdoors and how they are maintained with trash it, it is quite common here! I remember when I was a kid growing up on saturday/sunday morning cartoons.....they every weekend had a spot for (as I recall it) how would you like to live in a nasty iccky world like this ....showing garbage in the water, and land. I have never forgot those simple cartoons, and they will stay with me for life! If I catch ya. you will be reported!

Remember this?   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7OHG7tHrNM
VMB
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 11:06:58 pm by vinemaplebows »
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline ncpat

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 01:36:04 am »
Ironic, the very same people that should care about the outdoors and how they are maintained with trash it, it is quite common here! I remember when I was a kid growing up on saturday/sunday morning cartoons.....they every weekend had a spot for (as I recall it) how would you like to live in a nasty iccky world like this ....showing garbage in the water, and land. I have never forgot those simple cartoons, and they will stay with me for life! If I catch ya. you will be reported!

Remember this?   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7OHG7tHrNM
VMB

Yes, I remember that commercial well.
Remember the heroes of Flight 93.

Offline ncpat

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 01:42:52 am »
  I fish alot in the summers and do the same everyyear. I also pick up lots of geese feathers.
  Nothing worse than fishing line on geese and ducks. I've even caught muskrats and turtles with scares from line. And once as a kid found a otter floating dead in a pond with line around his neck a front legs.
  Not to many days back I picked up a ball of line that streached 50 feet down the bank.
   VERY SAD

Yes, bad enough if you snag a line on something out in the water, can't get to it and have to cut it. Outrageous for someone to just leave line laying around when a minute or 2 is all it takes to cut it loose & ball it up to trash it later.
Remember the heroes of Flight 93.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 05:02:02 pm »
I remember the Indian Tears PSA's from the 70's...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7OHG7tHrNM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZMH5PXIwgM

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX