Author Topic: Dumbest Thing You Ever Did  (Read 13081 times)

Offline ncpat

Dumbest Thing You Ever Did
« on: July 03, 2013, 06:04:32 pm »
What is the dumbest thing you ever did with your bow? I shot an arrow into the hood of an MG when I was 13. My brother's best friend's car. Only time he ever got mad with me but he got over it in a day or 2. I learned then not to flight shoot toward the house. It was my kiddie bow & I didn't think it would shoot that far. Went about 75 yards & stuck the hood, pretty as you please.
Remember the heroes of Flight 93.

Offline Joec123able

Re: Dumbest Thing You Ever Did
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 06:13:11 pm »
Lol that's funny I'd say dumbest thing I ever done was we had an above ground pool I had my target about ten yards in front of it my arrow went through the target and into the pool and out goes all the water lol
I like osage

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 06:16:17 pm »
I've shot a 3-D tournament in a lightning storm when I was a teenager.  I was using wheels at the time.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 06:38:42 pm »
Archery tag with target arrows(not field points, but those little bullet-point things that are blunt and don't hurt much if shot from weak bow) and 40-50# wheelie bows.

Do you mean archery related? Cause if not, I have some really stupid stuff.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 06:53:52 pm »
When I was about 8-9 I shot a cargo plane that was flying low. At the same age we also used to play a game that was real dumb. We would stand under the thick canopy of Live Oaks while someone shot an arrow straight up through the leaves, when you couldn't see it anymore then you had to find a good, overhead limb to stand under before it came back down. At the time everybody thought it was cool if it stuck in the ground close to you ::) I don't ever remember it sticking in a limb.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 06:57:16 pm »
Archery tag with target arrows(not field points, but those little bullet-point things that are blunt and don't hurt much if shot from weak bow) and 40-50# wheelie bows.

Oh, yea, those rubber blunts do hurt. I got 5 stitches in the base of my thumb when I didn't catch the arrow right during a Karate cookout after a few brews. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »
Stuck an arrow into my kneecap, Young Frankenstein style.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 06:58:54 pm »
When I was about 8-9 I shot a cargo plane that was flying low. At the same age we also used to play a game that was real dumb. We would stand under the thick canopy of Live Oaks while someone shot an arrow straight up through the leaves, when you couldn't see it anymore then you had to find a good, overhead limb to stand under before it came back down. At the time everybody thought it was cool if it stuck in the ground close to you ::) I don't ever remember it sticking in a limb.
you mean playing arrow roulette? cause its really fun if you put a foam tip on the arrow, and make sure its a light(I like to use carbons). Its actually fairly safe if you have foam tips and light arrows. BTW a light foam tipped arrow won't penetrate or mark medium thickness cardboard discharged from a # 20 selfbow @10 yards.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 07:01:35 pm »

Oh, yea, those rubber blunts do hurt. I got 5 stitches in the base of my thumb when I didn't catch the arrow right during a Karate cookout after a few brews. ;D
I mean steel like these-
http://www.3riversarchery.com/Blunt+Force+Trauma+Small+Game+Blunt+125gr+%283pk%29_i3212X_baseitem.html
These, but with a sleeve glued over POC arrows.
It was stupid, but nobody ever got hit.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 07:06:38 pm »

Nope don't believe that if you're talking about the metal bullet points I've killed rabbits with a 20 pound bow with those goes straight through and your saying shooting people with 45-50 pounds bows With those ? Don't think so
I like osage

Offline lowell

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 07:45:05 pm »
When I was maybe 10 years old I was shooting bow at my grade school.  I aimed to put an arrow through the hand rings on the jungle gym.  I did it but it richocheted into a school window about 4 foot by 8 foot and put a hole right in it.

Then 50 years later I was getting ready to turkey hunt and in the darkness I strung my short selfbow backward.  Seemed weird so unstrung it and re strung it proper and has been ok since!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 08:13:19 pm »
It seems like only yesterday I let a kid shoot at me with a aluminium arrow with a PVC longbow i made her.  Oh wait it was yesterday :laugh:
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline TRACY

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 08:24:20 pm »
I made a real nice shot on a pigskin that the older neighbor boy left out in our yard ;D

My step father (archery mentor) made me replace it with a Mark Herman autographed football that I got when he played for Purdue :'(

Right is right, lesson learned.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 09:52:04 pm »
When I'm alone I sometimes shoot a POC anti-fletch(spiral) with a 357mag casing point into the air and catch it before it hits the ground.  Shhhh it's a secret I keep from my kids.  :o
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline KrisDelger

• Just another guy breaking sticks
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 10:13:09 pm »
Probably the stupidest thing I've ever done with a bow was pack an carbon shaft full of a binary explosive compound and shot it at a wall.... It was pretty awesome other than standing a little to close and catching a bunch of carbon arrow slivers in my hands and face.
Just a young guy with a filing cabinet for a memory and a whole lot of useless information.