Author Topic: How to; bow shoot?  (Read 1483 times)

Offline nclonghunter

How to; bow shoot?
« on: July 07, 2013, 10:28:52 am »
The primitive or Abo style gatherings and bow shoots, what type of targets are used? What type of arrow tips are being used on primitive arrows that would have a stone point?
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: How to; bow shoot?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 11:16:05 am »
Duplex nail field points is what I see/use on cane.  I've not been to many that are strictly "primitive" or at all "ABO", but most shoots guys are still using glue-ons.  Shoulda posted this in the arrows page maybe.  Have you checked out the "sticky" on the arrows page.  Most places don't want you shooting blunts at their targets, though.  Good luck and I can't wait to hear from others, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 11:53:23 am »
I've never been to a truely primitive or ABO archery shoot but at the trad archery shoots I have attended they usually allow glue on field points and synthetic string material for primitive class. The Nortyh Carolina Trad Shoot at Hickory used to have an ABO class where everything had to be made from natural materials.  All the shoots I've been to have foam 3D animal targets. The field points are preferred(and at most shoots required) to protect the targets somewhat. Broadheads, stone or steel can really wear out a foam target quickly.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:34:22 am »
Glue on points at most I have seen or had and 3 d foam animals. :) No blunts or stone/steel broad heads,like Pat said,wears on the targets to much and they are high. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good