Author Topic: Lacation location location  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Maxspin

Lacation location location
« on: July 02, 2013, 01:38:22 pm »
It is funny how the work environment plays such a role in what we do. I work without a shop, and therefore am at the whim of the weather. Last Summer and Fall I worked outdoors and looked forward to working on bows. It was a time and place where I let the stress of the day dissipate. When the weather got bad I moved into a stall of the barn and was still able to work in spite of the rain. This Spring working on bows has taken a back seat to many other projects, almost seemed a chore rather than an enjoyment.
Yesterday I was looking at the dusty, smelly, fly covered environment I was working in, so I moved back outside working in the shade of the apple tree…… Ahhhhhh…… Looking forward to forward to getting home and working on bows again.  :)

Keith

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

Re: Lacation location location
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 02:55:32 pm »
My parents get really mad if I make a mess in the garage, so I rough stuff in the driveway with a hatchet. Then do the tillering, etc in the garage. The workbench top is covered in tools, materials, and projects in the works, and I have to remove it to use the vice.
So I generally do as much work as possible outdoors(cause i don't have to pick up shavings... they rot in days).
However, I am considering torching my shavings to reduce the space they take up in the trash.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 06:16:08 pm »
I am considering torching my shavings to reduce the space they take up in the trash.

if it's osage or purpleheart may i suggest putting it in boiling water then straining it through a cloth to make a dye? just a thought.

ive taken over one half of our "cabin" which is really just a really big shed. but i clear up my shavings after each bow. and IMO sawdust and small shavings are better than feathers in a pillow. just a thought
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 06:53:28 pm »
I am considering torching my shavings to reduce the space they take up in the trash.

if it's osage or purpleheart may i suggest putting it in boiling water then straining it through a cloth to make a dye? just a thought.

ive taken over one half of our "cabin" which is really just a really big shed. but i clear up my shavings after each bow. and IMO sawdust and small shavings are better than feathers in a pillow. just a thought
Nope, I don't have osage or purpleheart.. but I do have BL.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 07:08:12 pm »

Nope, I don't have osage or purpleheart.. but I do have BL.

that might work.
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline CORIUS

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 12:42:23 am »
Hmmmm interesting.
Where there's a will, there's a bow.

PA subscription #: PM108452