Author Topic: Its 4:30 am and Im geeked! (PICS UP)  (Read 14718 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Its 4:30 am and Im geeked! (PICS UP)
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2013, 10:20:09 am »
Cool hike there Pearly ! How were the insects while staying under the tarps ? Bob

Very, very few skeeters Bob. Usually about 7-8 pm a few monsters would buzz around. We didn't need spray at all. It was very liberating sleeping in open air. I loved it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2013, 10:26:30 am »
Nice lookin trip! Buti thought the point was the FISHING!! So what did ya catch!  ;D

As nice as that water looks Scott, we never had a hit. I floated crawlers and crayfish through that hole for hours. I tossed a Mepps #2 plain and bucktail, 2" grubs on 1/4 oz. jig heads and a few tiny crank baits. I seen a huge smally in the 20" range drift up and down the side of the hole each time I changed lures. He never swiped at it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Roy

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2013, 10:57:13 am »
Sounds like ya don't know how to fish... ;)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2013, 11:11:03 am »
Roy your exactly right! I just read up in a Field and Stream so I could answer Scott's question with some knowledge behind it!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2013, 11:17:27 am »
Cool trip, Pearlie. Thankls for taking us along.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Stringman

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2013, 12:16:11 pm »
 ;D ;D

I'm sure the scenery, peace and quiet, and clean air was worth the whole trip! Those are fun even without a fish!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2013, 12:32:13 pm »
Cool! Appreciate you sharing the back country with us!  I really wish that you hadn't posted the jambalaya pic though.  I just got really hungry all of a sudden!  Seriously!  That stuff looked awesome!  Josh

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2013, 12:40:29 pm »
Looks like a great time, Chris. That's my kind of trip!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2013, 01:31:22 pm »
Cool! Appreciate you sharing the back country with us!  I really wish that you hadn't posted the jambalaya pic though.  I just got really hungry all of a sudden!  Seriously!  That stuff looked awesome!  Josh

Look me up around dinner time at next years Classic Josh. Pauly will feed ya' good!! Scott, Dave, Chris and Clint all got to eat his cooking this year. I believe it was Greek chicken and rice, all cooked over the fire.

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2013, 02:23:13 pm »

Look me up around dinner time at next years Classic Josh. Pauly will feed ya' good!! Scott, Dave, Chris and Clint all got to eat his cooking this year. I believe it was Greek chicken and rice, all cooked over the fire.

Why wait until the classic if the cookings as good as you say i'd be round there now!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2013, 10:35:13 am »
Damn, I missed dinner! It looks so good!
Nothing better that a back country dinner of grub you caught yourself!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2013, 12:25:44 pm »
Sounds like fun Pearly. Couldn't load all the pics, but the ones that did load looked good!! Now it's back to work...for you, I'm a school teacher and off til August.  >:D dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Josh B

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2013, 11:57:34 am »

Sounds like a plan to me Pearly!  Josh

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2015, 10:24:09 am »
Pics on page 2 Jackson.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2015, 02:29:08 pm »
Safe travels, good luck fishing
Nothing ventured nothing gained