Author Topic: been quite a week!  (Read 1825 times)

Offline bushboy

been quite a week!
« on: June 10, 2013, 11:07:05 am »
So I have been working at a remote dam site in northern manitoba canada and first we have a mature black bear wondering around camp knocking over garbage can and ignoring the bear trap and pretty much terrorizing the camp!this is the second bear in a couple of weeks,the first was trapped sucessfully and relocated.now the camp had to evacquated due to several near by lighting strikes!the fires where upgraded to 56 catorgory this is when its makes it's own vortexes.we left friday noon and by 6pm the camp lost power.5 water bombers and 100 fire fighters have been flat out trying to save the 200 man camp but it does'nt look good as the kitchen garbage bin was a blase when they had to retreat last evening.still waiting on word of the camps statis.ironically my bow building tools including my bandsaw and belt and disc grinder,draw knife ect are on sight in a plastic mease building.also several bows that I have been working including my plan b trade bowTheir flying me south to winnipeg today until things clear up.I got my fingers crossed that I don't lose my 4 bows and my tools!t
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: been quite a week!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:30:25 am »
Dang! Now that is an interesting job site!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:37:34 am »
Bear season? Good luck and stay safe. Hope the flames stay away from your projects

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 12:15:27 am »
How about some of those large diameter bunny buster blunts and a 35 lb bow.  Couple of those upside the buttocks would encourage the bear to go about his business in the woods like bears and Popes are purported to do.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 10:45:45 am »
Good luck on ya!
I hope they can contain the fire without any additional losses.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline bushboy

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 06:38:26 pm »
Flew back in today and spotted about 20 fires still in the area from the air.was told we would have lost the camp if it wasn't for the waterbombers!there is still a risk,but I am front line sopport to try and jump start the camp again.least I got to go fishing with my lovelies:).
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 10:56:54 pm »
I must have spent 5 minutes trying to guage the species of fish and it's weight before I realized the real catch was the gal holding the line!  Yup, I'm getting old.   >:D

Bushboy, you can quote Pappy and say, "Life is good."  Good for you!

Offline bushboy

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 11:54:33 pm »
Lol! Jw,it's a 23" pearl drum,no pun intended!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 12:07:20 am »
Being of Scandanavian descent, my mouth began watering when I saw fish!