Author Topic: A long time coming!  (Read 2722 times)

Offline Buffalogobbler

Re: A long time coming!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 11:01:54 am »
Cool bow, I'm sure the guy who get's it will love it!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 01:53:26 pm »
Always a good feeling when that stave from the corner of the garage finally comes alive!  Looks like a shooter!  Nice work.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Josh B

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 01:49:35 am »
Sounds like you had to earn that full draw!  Nicely done Sir!  Josh

Offline JonW

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 08:38:23 am »
Again, Thanks a lot guys. I had really became quite good with a two finger draw and then this big ol' Osage monster came and showed me how far you fingers can be bent backwards and dislocate without being completely broken off. :o I have made me some longer bendys and some stiff handled bows around 37-50# that I can shoot without a lot of pain. Maybe I'll post 'em up later.  Chris I may take a better look at them goofy bows you were making. ;) I understand the design and principle but the "cool factor" for me wasn't there. Not dissin' your bows just see if you can come up with something that says "maybe an Indian made that" if that makes any sense to you. Not a bow per se but a design. :-\

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 11:26:14 am »
Nice job Jon. Sorry to hear your hand is still bothering you. That one looks like you whipped it for sure. Very well done.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 01:19:46 am »
I am the lucky northerner who received this real nice piece of southern osage.  At first glance, the handle fade area is kinda quirky, but the string tracks the handle just fine, and she shoots hard and straight.  I should have taken pics of my new target (raccoon paper) as proof, but this bow puts em right where I'm lookin.  Thanks Jon.  I hope you like the arrows as much as I like this bow.  Russ