Author Topic: It's been a while, My most recent bows. My first recurve, and a kids bow.  (Read 2235 times)

Offline tgtmatt

I made the first bow awhile back, and decided that I wanted to just make it a wall hanger. So I said well why not just recurve it and practice since i've never done it before. I first tried to spray the limbs with a water bottle and heat with my heat gun, worked out okay. Then decided steaming would be easier and it turned out well. I have shot only 10 arrows out of it and enjoyed it but wanted to hang it up on the wall anyways. Hope you guys like it. The handle on this bow is, top: ERC, Middle: Black Oak, Bottom: Poplar. (poor choice but it looks okay and I wont be shooting it anyways.)

The second bow, made for a little boy of a local guy i know that supplies me with hardwoods such as cherry, etc. The bow is 60 inches long, 18# at 21", the handle is 100year old heart of pine given to me by the boys father. I enjoyed making this bow as it was going to a young man who wanted to practice to join archery in his school. Stained it with dark walnut and a natural color. Hope you guys like it.

Offline tgtmatt

Second bow, the kids bow.

Offline CORIUS

Looks great!! Any full draw pictures?
Where there's a will, there's a bow.

PA subscription #: PM108452

Offline Squirrelslayer

Is it jjust me or does the handle on that kids bow look very chunky and square?  And the f/d pictures?  SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline RyanY

Is it jjust me or does the handle on that kids bow look very chunky and square?  And the f/d pictures?  SS

At least we got to see the whole bow in one picture.  >:(

Braced shapes look good!

Offline tgtmatt

I will upload a full draw on the kids bow now. My girlfriend has the recurve's bow FD on her phone, i'll post it soon. it's actually really comfortable in the hand, so the way it looks doesn't bother me. Basically handles feel comfortable as long as there is no sharp edges and the corners are rounded well.

Offline tgtmatt

Here's fd

Offline Josh B

Cool!  Josh