Author Topic: I can't stand it...  (Read 4315 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: I can't stand it...
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 11:55:18 pm »
Thats just  evil  ;)

No, evil was me calling you from the Wildlife Loop Road in Custer State Park to tell you I was watching a herd of elk in the park!!!  There we sat watching 14 elk milling around a mere 50-70 yards away.  Nearby lay a couple of nice antelope bucks and over a bit further a bachelor herd of trophy bull bison.  It took 20 minutes and a Nicholson #49 rasp to take down my horns beneath the hair after that phone call!   >:D

Tee hee!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 12:09:22 am »
Greg and Bob, I used to live in Glenwood Springs and used to stop and buy beer in Buford on the way home from Rock Springs, Wyoming when we were heading down the Highway near Meeker.

One time it was snowing so heavy on the Flat Tops that all of the Elk were coming down and walking single file down the Highway going to lower ground. You could drive by them as close as 3' and they were so tired and hungry they didn't care.

Did you guys ever eat in the old Hotel in Meeker where all of the chairs and chandeliers are made from Elk horns?

Scott, John and Duck, good luck to y'all and have a good time for all of us,
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 10:20:27 am »
  Don't forget the most needed peice of equiment.
  RENT A PACK HORSE
  Diffently good to huaul in exture food and gear. A must for packing out a elk back to the trail head.
  That is if your going to hike in somewhere and camp.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 10:34:46 am »
Eddie, I have been to that hotel resturant in Meeker a few times, some of the elk horns in that place were just awesome, also had the best $3 shower ever anywhere. Spent 17 days in the flattops once, I can still feel all that hot water from my $3 shower in Meeker, everyone should try going without hot water for awhile to really appreciate what we have. Bob