Author Topic: My 2012 Trade Board Bow Progress(Sent!!!!)  (Read 8722 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: My 2012 Trade Board Bow Progress(Sent!!!!)
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2013, 03:07:34 pm »
Just a question. Based on this bow how many more do you think I would need to make before I would be at regular trade quality? This trade has really opened my eyes to my inexperience. I probably wont be in any trades for a while because of school but I was interested, especially taking into account the fact that I broke 5 before getting one.

Thats the misconception about bow trades. There is no certain level of quality required to join in. Being able to make a decent tillered bow that wont hurt somebody is all that matters. Until this bow you werent even close to that point. Your a fuzz closer now. Next swap is months away, make 10 more.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline k-hat

Re: My 2012 Trade Board Bow Progress(Sent!!!!)
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2013, 04:54:08 pm »
Good job muffin.  That bears a striking resemblance to the one i made for my TG bow last year, even the grip!! Cept mine had a camo backing.  Looks real good.

As for the swap, PD's got it right (like he needed my endorsement ::)).  I believe success begets success, so I expect we'll be seeing more shooters from you now that this one is under your belt.  How fast you progress all depends on how much you put into the learning curve my friend, and how willing you are to listen and follow the basic rules (I'm still a little stubborn at times myself ::)). 

Make a bunch more over the summer/fall and get comfortable with the process.  I'd say when you can start a bow project fully believing that it's gonna come out a shooter (as opposed to firewood), then you're ready for the trade. ;)