Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 394658 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #780 on: April 24, 2008, 09:25:59 am »
LET THE CLASSIC BEGIN
  Music to my ears! ;)

Cowboy, the most of us have all seen how easy it is to make one miss lick and have a point break in to. I've found a lot of broken Indian points, I'm sure some of those were broken during the making. Just enjoy the ride...that's what's important! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #781 on: April 24, 2008, 03:22:26 pm »
Paul, I agree with Greg. You should see the number of snapped points I go through, when I can get out to the shed that is!  :'(  Help!!! I'm addicted and going through knappers withdrawl!

Thanks again Ron for giving me a ride. Glad we could talk on the phone yesterday and get things together. Looking forward to sittin arround the fire and telling bad jokes with everyone! Time away from all the worries and buisness stuff. Paradise!!!  ;D

Pappy, I now understand all the references to Miller. Ron, let me in on it. You are one lucky guy!  It's Miller time!  ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #782 on: April 24, 2008, 09:34:34 pm »
Yeah, I've got a bucket of shame out in the shop - loads of broke or not what I really wanted points :). I've heard and it's true - it's just a rock until you make something out of it ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #783 on: April 24, 2008, 09:42:44 pm »
  Getting closer to the date and I'm starting to pucker a little. My head Driller went in the hospital for emergency surgery and won't be back to work till May 5. I'm feeling like the circus juggler right now trying to play with the schedule so I can take off Weds. morning. This crap happen's everytime I plan a vacation.
   Tiller, if all goes well, and I think it will since I'm a gifted Irishman, I'll be bringing cut rock slabs and preforms. I don't have access to rock like Paul so I stretch mine as far as I can. I did get a nice big box of rock, bless his soul, in the mail from Brian Melton in Washington yesterday.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #784 on: April 24, 2008, 09:51:07 pm »
Way to go Edie, nice score on the obsidian. Do you know what type it is? I like the silver sheen from the Buttes and some of the good quality midnight lace. Pumpkin is ok but awfully plane and lots of it at Glass Buttes. Rainbow is hard to work at times and needs lots of grinding on the platforms to keep it from crumbling. Are working slabs difficult? Always worked spalls and boulders but no slabs yet. Got to get out to Glass Buttes, OR next year for the knapp Inn. Your eyes will pop out from seeing so much workable material just laying on the ground!

Paul, bucket of shame. I like it! I will have to get a bucket going too with "Bucket of Shame!" written on the side.  :D

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

« Reply #785 on: April 24, 2008, 09:51:24 pm »
I hear ya Eddie - I'm taking a few days off from this job in AL to go and am trying to juggle trucks, cranes, x-ray - new super needs to be set up for several days of nobrainer work before I can skip out - blah,blah,blah :'(.
 I brought four buckets of rocks to give away more or less - only have one batch of cooked stuff (all I had time for) about a quarter of a bucket. Aught to have enough between us and that small mountain Pappy has to keep us busy for a coupla days. See ya there :)..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #786 on: April 24, 2008, 09:54:16 pm »
Were typing at same time D - bucket of shame like corner of shame, everybody has em ;D.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #787 on: April 24, 2008, 11:01:49 pm »
 David, It's a little bit of everything from what I can tell ,plus my favorite, Dacite and some kind of jasper.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #788 on: April 24, 2008, 11:16:24 pm »
Nice haul then Eddie! Is it the opaque black dacite? If so that may be the Black Butter stuff. Very nice stuff and knapps really well. It comes from arround Riley, OR and I hope to get some later this summer.

Yeah! Paul I usually keep this site up on the computer while at work and check it a couple times a day. Two more days and then I'm there. Getten excited about the Classic!

Offline RG

« Reply #789 on: April 24, 2008, 11:44:58 pm »
OK folks not sure when I will be near the computer again before the Classic if any one needs help some phones pick up at the club and some do not
mine does and here is my number (615-519-2817) call if you get lost or need any info almost forgot I have another small laod of rock from the chirt pit to off load
this weekend  we will be very busy this weekend completeing all the stuff for the shoot look foward to seeing everyone and have a safe trip

Ron

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #790 on: April 25, 2008, 07:17:40 am »
Thanks Ron,mine don't Dana that is my home phone but Joanie knows more than me
anyway my cell is 615-256-5961 and I will at least get a message and call back.I will be out of here today so see yall soon. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #791 on: April 25, 2008, 09:01:15 am »
I programmed King Ron's number into my phone in case Jesse and I get lost :o
 Getting antsy to get going.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #792 on: April 25, 2008, 10:22:35 am »
Dana, Looking at the weather this morning, you might want to get the sled dogs ready for part of your trip down to the classic. They were talking about 10" to 14" of wet snow for some areas.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #793 on: April 25, 2008, 11:11:01 am »
Dana you might want to leave earlier.Good luck and be careful. Supposed to be in the 60/70 here all next week,can't say about the rain but I will promise no Snow. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #794 on: April 25, 2008, 11:12:15 am »
Thats all Pat, little bit of snow like dat don't bother us Yoopers when were driving ;D

Actually I'm more worried about the big T storms and Tornadoes down south, softball size hail and such don't sound like fun to me
makes a foot of snow sound pretty good to me ;)

Greg I would already be gone but I have to wait for Jesse, sunday morning I'm picking him up :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI