Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 394654 times)

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #705 on: April 10, 2008, 01:22:32 pm »
Any list of each days' events? Should we bring tools?
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline DanaM

« Reply #706 on: April 10, 2008, 02:29:38 pm »
I bought 15 pasties from the methodist church today, will have to feeze them so they won't be quite as good
as fresh but figure we can have them monday for lunch, you going to be there Monday Greg, we'll eat pasties and work on yer yooper
language lessons eh. Heck I will even let ya have mustard on yer pasty ifin ya wants ;) :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #707 on: April 10, 2008, 02:38:02 pm »
Okay Dana, I'll bite...what's a "pasty"? Remember I haven't had those Yooper lessons yet... ;)

I'm taking off Wednesday through Friday that week, although I may make it down after work. May have to be taking care of honey-do's though...

OldBow, I'm not sure of each days events...demo's/seminars. Pappy hopefully is keeping up with that. Some of the demo's I think are being provided by PA members attending...i.e. Cowboy I think is going to have one on flintknapping.

As for tools, since I think you're flying I wouldn't worry about bringing any tools. We'll have whatever you need. Those folks driving are welcome to bring their own tools as makes sense...will allow ours to go further. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #708 on: April 10, 2008, 02:56:00 pm »
I always thought pasties were what a stripper wore as to not expose the illegal body parts. Freezing them could be painful...and the Methodists sell them? ??? And I thought I was liberal. ;D          Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #709 on: April 10, 2008, 03:08:47 pm »
Greg a pasty is tater, beef, onion stuffed into a pastry crust and baked, variations are to add rutabega, carrot, turnips etc.
We usually eat em with either ketchup or gravy, no mustard ;)

Pat I will save ya one and you can cut it in half and wear one on each teat >:D

Here is a picture Yankee posted

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #710 on: April 10, 2008, 03:44:05 pm »
Mmmm! Pastys!!!! Havnt had those in years. My grandmother used to make the best pastys ever!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Little John

« Reply #711 on: April 10, 2008, 09:57:03 pm »
Pat, you and I think a lot a like, any way that is whatr I thought they were also.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

CastIron

« Reply #712 on: April 10, 2008, 11:37:52 pm »
Dana,

Down here we would serve them "Pastes" with some sawmill gravy and a dab of chow-chow or green tomato relish pretty good   ;D  ;D

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #713 on: April 11, 2008, 12:11:04 am »
Dana I got some Ipe w/ your name on it if ya manage to save me a pasty ;D
Traverse City, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #714 on: April 11, 2008, 12:18:00 am »
Kinda like a yankee burrito, eh.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Little John

« Reply #715 on: April 11, 2008, 12:21:15 am »
You got it Hillbilly, just like one.  Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #716 on: April 11, 2008, 02:37:05 am »
Better than burritos! Especially if there Welsh Pastys!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #717 on: April 11, 2008, 07:01:42 am »
Man that looks good,I'll be there  ;D ;D CastIron and I was making some plans last night
for food,I don't think we will go hungry. :) OldBow we will have some demos Friday and Sat
but the rest of the time it will be just working on bow and shooting,if you have some special tools you are welcome to bring them,but I have quite a few scrapers ,draw knifes and files that all
can use as long as they last.We have benches ,I think 15 or so so anyone that want to bring one that would be great,I know you folks flying can't but if you are driving and have the room it would
be good.As far as demos I have Napping,fire starting ,string making,arrow making, stave straighting,
laying out a stave and chasing a ring on Osage,once we all get there and I know who will do it
and confirm that I will set up a schedule for it.I was thinking Friday ,about an hour each from
about 9 to 4 and the same Sat.The rest of the time we just do what we want.There will be
napping and bow building going on all the time and those that want to see a demo ,it will be right there close and will be on a board and announced at the time.Getting close.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #718 on: April 11, 2008, 09:35:41 am »
Oh no...I'm not going to have any time to help with the bow making for going to all the demo's! ;)

Now back to that pasty...if'n I'm not able to partake of the pasty feast Monday fer being at work, I see no sound reason why one of them thar pasty treats couldn't be saved for me to enjoy later in the week! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #719 on: April 11, 2008, 10:01:20 am »
Greg you guys must have a freezer at the club eh. I will be sure to set on aside fer ya ;)

Manistique, MI