Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 394685 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #660 on: April 07, 2008, 09:31:44 am »
So...tell me again what local foods you guys are planning to bring from your wide ranging homes across the US to eat? I think PatB was bringing opossum, and Hillbilly raccoon...and then what? ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #661 on: April 07, 2008, 10:44:39 am »
Depends on what I find on I-40 enroute.   8)

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #662 on: April 07, 2008, 10:46:17 am »
I heard from Dick the other day and he won't be able to make it. He has to be in New Hampshire that weekend for a Memorial service for a good friend.  :(  So, if anyone is coming by my way and has room for one more really nice guy, please let me know.  ;D I can drive but would rather share the fuel expenses with others. I'm just that kinda guy!  ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #663 on: April 07, 2008, 11:14:18 am »
O man sorry to hear that but I completely understand,it's all fun but got to keep your
parodies in line.  :) We will miss him.
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #664 on: April 07, 2008, 11:23:04 am »
Yeh Pappy. Dick is disappointed but like you said, PRIORITIES!  I have my priorities set and the Classic is at the top of the list.  ;D 8) Logistics is another story.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #665 on: April 07, 2008, 10:07:37 pm »
Sorry Dick cant make it, what a nice guy. Don't know what I can bring to eat on the plane but will get something gathered up.  Hope to bring a couple of bows to shoot, a couple to work on and some rocks to get instruction on breaking, mostly I only make sharp gravel when I break rocks.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #666 on: April 07, 2008, 10:51:56 pm »
Sorry Dick cant make it, what a nice guy. Don't know what I can bring to eat on the plane but will get something gathered up.  Hope to bring a couple of bows to shoot, a couple to work on and some rocks to get instruction on breaking, mostly I only make sharp gravel when I break rocks.   Kenneth

Kenneth, how do you pack your bows for the flight? I have one or two I would like to take with me but have no idea how to pack them. Also, the arrows I have no idea on either. Help! Though, I may just go over the weight limit if I pack much more. The tent, ground cloth, sleeping bad, pillow, 5 gallons of tick and mesquito repelent, shotgun for the bigguns... ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Little John

« Reply #667 on: April 08, 2008, 12:05:31 am »
Dave I will pack the bows in a piece of 4" pvc pipe with end caps, and I have a comercial made arrow box made from plastic, I think they are available from walmart,or three rivers. Maybe I can make it under weight, just hope they dont loose everything.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #668 on: April 08, 2008, 01:48:03 am »
Kenneth, There will be plenty of rock there with what Justin left last year(obsidian) and what Ron collected and what lays on the ground there, you shouldn't have to bring any. I'd bet Cowboy and others will have some too. All you should need is your bows, arrows a clean pair of undies and clean socks. Everything else should be covered.     Pat

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #669 on: April 08, 2008, 03:45:28 am »
Thinking I may make everything there since I have to fly in. Bow and arrows! Is this to ambitious? I will be there the full week.

Pappy, Greg, and gang I was thinking about getting a hotel room Sunday evening on the last day of the Classic close to the Airport. Is there one you can recommend?

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #670 on: April 08, 2008, 07:03:18 am »
Tiller I don't know about the motels in Nashville,maybe Ron will chim in on that.When are you
flying out ? :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Little John

« Reply #671 on: April 08, 2008, 09:21:18 am »
Pat, thanks, that makes it a lot easier, in fact it don't get any easierthan that.   Kenneth

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #672 on: April 08, 2008, 09:37:43 am »
Hey guys, I made this offer once before on another thread...I have an 8 person dome tent like new with a ground cloth. I could have it set up and it should be comfortable for probably 3-4 people with gear. Especially for those of you that are flying and want to camp. The offer is open if you're interested... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #673 on: April 08, 2008, 09:42:58 am »
Greg does that tent come with Continental breakfast and room service ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #674 on: April 08, 2008, 09:49:03 am »
Thanks Greg, I am sure it will come in handy.  Kenneth