Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 394951 times)

Bishop

Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #615 on: March 26, 2008, 08:11:52 am »
Tiller
you dont have to take that from Pappy!..its obvious im going to have to apply all my lotions, essential oils and such inside my tent so as not to get made fun of by you ruffians... ;D
Bishop

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #616 on: March 26, 2008, 09:28:50 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D One thing you do need to bring for sure is Thick skin.  ;) ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #617 on: March 26, 2008, 09:33:17 am »
..its obvious im going to have to apply all my lotions, essential oils and such inside my tent so as not to get made fun of by you ruffians...
Bishop
We're rednecks...if you please! ;D

Cowboy, we'll be there every weekend from now through the shoot out of necessity. ;) Making good progress though...we'll be able to spread out the bow making a lot to keep people from running into each other with the addition of the new awning.

There's a guy here at work that makes moonshine in a pretty big way. I might see if I can acquire some to put in Pappys care to distribute as he see fits. I personally stay away from that stuff...just call me a wuss if you like. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #618 on: March 26, 2008, 09:46:40 am »
Greg that ain't moonshine thats Granny's Spring Tonic :D
Didn't you ever watch the Hillbilies ::)

Or if yer a Waltons fan its the sisters Recipe ;D
Goodnight John-Boy :P
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #619 on: March 26, 2008, 10:19:34 am »
Yeah Dana, I watched the Hillbillies and the Waltons both.

Always thought John Boy had a thing for Aaron...what do you think? ;D
Greg

Offline DanaM

« Reply #620 on: March 26, 2008, 10:21:32 am »
Well they were hillbillies ::) :-X :)

Heck I had a thing for her to  :-*
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Bishop

« Reply #621 on: March 26, 2008, 01:45:03 pm »
I have a idea, good or bad, ill let you all be the judge.
   i was thinking that with all this bow making talent about to converge on Tenn. it would be the perfect oppurtunity to do another cummunity bow, i dont think it would take more than a few scrapes each plus i know a bunch are planning on getting there a few days early and maybe we could get it off to a good start. we could mayve raffle it off for a few bucks a ticket or sell it and give the proceeds back to Pappy and Greg to kick back into the club there. I would be happy to buy the stave from Pappy to get it started. I know their plate gets real full during the classic but Pappy said he could do a little work on the bow early ( im betting Greg will also) that way they could forget about it and do their thing. i dont know...it just seemed like a good idea.... any input would be great guys..
Bishop   

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #622 on: March 26, 2008, 02:32:51 pm »
Bishop...Pappy, BigA, and I had already started an osage bow for I think that purpose. I forget how far along it is because we've gotten side-tracked by working on staves and such for the Classic. Maybe we can take that one for your purpose. It is at least roughed in I think.

Greg
Greg

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #623 on: March 26, 2008, 03:15:43 pm »
That did it guys! You think MY tent is going to smell.  Just you wait!!!!  >:D ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Bishop

« Reply #624 on: March 26, 2008, 03:20:21 pm »
well there you go, ... ;D.....i knew someone would have thought of this already...thanks Greg
Bishop

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #625 on: March 26, 2008, 03:53:33 pm »
Tiller you don't look as old and dainty as I had visioned you looking in the other pictures posted.You know
selling soap and all. ;D ;D ;D ;)
    Pappy

I sell a lot of soap because I dont look that way!  Keeps ya young!  ;D 

I can already tell I will be fitting in just fine! You all have a simmilare sence of humor. If we can call it humor. I've been told by my mothers side of the family it comes from my father and vice versa.  ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #626 on: March 26, 2008, 10:18:17 pm »
 Looks like I'll finally get to check off "Drink Moonshine" on my list of New Years Resolution from '07.   ;D
Traverse City, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #627 on: March 27, 2008, 12:31:08 am »
This comunity bow would be a quickie and save a ton on shipping,. sounds fun.   Airline tickets are in the bag.   kenneth
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 02:33:53 am by Little John »
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #628 on: March 27, 2008, 06:38:40 am »
OK then,it is own,Like Greg said we can start with the one we have roughed in if yall want
and go from there.I think it has been roughed in and straightened.Anyone else on board ?  :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #629 on: March 27, 2008, 07:29:41 am »
I'll be glad to help anyway I can.  I'll bring materials for a string and some fisher fur and make some silencers.  Or anything else I have some black walnut for overlays as well. 

Rick
Traverse City, MI