Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 394713 times)

Bishop

Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #600 on: March 25, 2008, 01:49:42 am »
im kinda a red wine guy...i do love a good bottle of wine every now and then....its been awhile though....Dana, you got any yooper wine up there...i dont think i have a single bottle of Mich wine in my collection.... ;D
Bishop

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #601 on: March 25, 2008, 02:44:23 am »
You guys are just armatures with those little goatees. Stick around boys, I'll teach you something. ;D      Pat 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #602 on: March 25, 2008, 07:02:48 am »
That must be why I sleep so little,the more you drink the less you sleep,is that what
you mean Dana. ??? I don't do wine or the brown or Clear stuff,but I have to admit I do
like a cold beer ,now and then. ;D ;D Come on in Castiron /GregB. ;) :)
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #603 on: March 25, 2008, 09:23:52 am »
I don't do wine or the brown or Clear stuff,but I have to admit I do
like a cold beer ,now and then.   Come on in Castiron /GregB. 

I think I'm on thin ice after my "tough head" comment, so I'd better sit this one out. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Little John

« Reply #604 on: March 25, 2008, 10:03:30 am »
Greg, yep lots of excitment going on, and that makes things exciting. I can't imagine the amount of trouble you and Pappy go thru for this event, but do appreciate it as I am sure every one else does also.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #605 on: March 25, 2008, 10:17:16 am »
It's a labor of love Little John.We all ,well at least Me ,Greg,Big A and Castiron work
a lot harder at the club than we do at work.If I had to work that hard at work anymore
I would have to quit. ;) ;D The old body wouldn't take a full week of that.I have to go
back to work just to get some rest.  :) I thought about retiring but I need the rest. ;) ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #606 on: March 25, 2008, 03:31:53 pm »
I thought about retiring but I need the rest. 
That's a good one Pappy...!

I don't get to do much physical at work anymore...I'm salary and the union tends to frown on me making production. So I'm forced to use my brain to make a living and that tends to be a real strain to me sometimes! ;D I'm more of a "primitive" sort of guy...scrapping on wood and sitting by a campfire is more to my liking.

Kenneth, you're welcome...like I said, seeing the excitement everyone shows in preparing for this makes it worth while for me as I know it does for Pappy, BigA, CastIron and most of the rest of our members.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #607 on: March 25, 2008, 03:56:12 pm »
This is going to be great! About a month and I will be showing up on your door step bow scraper in hand and a backpack full of knapping tools. Hide the window guys I tend to break things into small little points! Beer bottles included...Ah heck anything!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Little John

« Reply #608 on: March 25, 2008, 10:02:52 pm »
Cool David, the knapping is where I really need the help, be nice to see it done by some one who knows how. I have quite a few rocks but hate to ruin them thru ignorance.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #609 on: March 25, 2008, 10:33:43 pm »
Hey Kenneth! I still am learning myself. Just learned a cool technique from a friend of mine that really makes it easy. I will show you what I know when I get there. There are going to be a lot more guys better than I am though at the Classic. I plan on learning a lot and breaking a lot of stone. I sugest you wak off a flake or two and try making some small points first before making big ones

See you at the classic!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #610 on: March 25, 2008, 10:35:36 pm »
You guys are makin me nervous ;D. Pappy/ Greg - any of you guys going to be around the club this weekend? I'm thinking about a little recon :)..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #611 on: March 26, 2008, 12:47:37 am »
35 Days and I'll be hitting the road.  Looking foward to hanging out w/ some normal people for a change.  Also If I get some pictures I can prove to my wife that you guys exist.  She refers to the site as my imaginary friends.  All the beer talk is good,  but I'm hoping for some homeade southern moonshine. ;D
Traverse City, MI

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #612 on: March 26, 2008, 02:07:04 am »
Never tried it myself. Is it true you can go blind from drinking it?  I can see it now...Just as I take a wak at some stone everything goes dark, the 4 pound billet is coming down fast and.... Not a pretty picture!!! Of course I was aiming for the stone being held by the guy next to me!  ::)

Seriously, never tried it before. I've always been a beer man myself. The dark stuff!

David T

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #613 on: March 26, 2008, 07:12:56 am »
Cowboy ,we will be there,rick there will be some there ,you can bet on it,Tiller that is
an old mith,AL tho if you drink enough you will act like you are blind. ;D Some of the
old timers use to run it off through a car radiator and if it wasn't cleaned good,well
we all know what antifreeze will do to you,they don't do that anymore. :)Knotheads
boy Chris told me yesterday he was going to bring another load of the rock I showed
the other day so there should be plenty to break.See yall soon.Tiller you don't look
as old and dainty as I had visioned you looking in the other pictures posted.You know
selling soap and all. ;D ;D ;D ;)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #614 on: March 26, 2008, 07:24:56 am »
Sweet.  ;D
Traverse City, MI