Author Topic: Memorial Day  (Read 5163 times)

Offline k-hat

Re: Memorial Day
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 10:59:17 am »
Every morning where i teach we say the pledge.  Most days I can't help but think about those who have and will put themselves in harm's way to maintain the liberties we all take for granted.  My grandpa, who died 20 years ago this summer, served in Korea, and up until the time of his death I understand that from time to time my Granny would still have to pull a tiny piece of shrapnel that had worked it's way up through his scalp from a grenade that was tossed into his bunker.  I cannot imagine the horrors he saw during his service.  The brutality of war is something that most of us cannot comprehend, having not experienced it, and it is so easy to take our freedoms for granted.  Thank you all so very much that serve in our military, and the loved ones who stay behind praying that they'll come home soon.  I pray they do come home soon.

Offline Adam

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 11:10:46 am »
Everyone here has said it much better than I'm able to, but let me add my heartfelt thank you.

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 02:11:12 pm »
My family and I send out a heartfelt thanks
Venice Florida

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 02:18:57 pm »
thanks to all those who have served and are still serving both here and overseas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc

PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 03:20:19 pm »
I remember those from my state who have given everything in the global war on terror.

CWO Erik Halvorson,   Cpl Mark Ernin,  Sgt Justin Garvey,  Pvt Kyle Gilbert,   SSgt Scott Rose,  CPT Pierre Piche,  Spc "Kelly" Bangayan,  Sgt Bill Normandy,  Spc Chris Gelineau,   Sgt Kevin Sheehan,   Sgt Alan Bean Jr.,   SSgt Jamie Gray,   Lt. Col David Greene,   Sgt Michael Voss,   Maj Robert Soltes,   LCpl Jeff Holmes,   Col James Moore,   Sgt Jesse Strong,   LCpl Adam Strain,   SFC Mike Benson,   MSgt Chris Chapin,   1Lt Mark Dooley,   Spc Scott McLaughlin,   2Lt Mark Procopio,   Sgt Josh Johnson,   Spc Chris Merchant,   MSgt J. Tom Stone,   LCpl Kurt Dechan,   Sgt Carlton Clark,   Cpt Tony Palermo,   Sgt Adam Kennedy,  Cpl Christ DeGiovine,   PFC Adam Muller,   SFC Jason Dene,   Cpl Ryan McGhee,   2Lt Joey Fortin,   Spc Ryan Grady, Sgt Tristan Southworth, Sgt Steven Deluzio,  and LCpl Anthony Rosa.

They were the greatest Vermonters of this generation, fighting for their countrymen's freedom.  They were the best my state had to offer, and they gave us all.

Also, the nameless friend(s) who came back with broken body and spirit, who gave the ultimate ultimate sacrifice alongside his brothers in arms, but heaven threw him back.  He gave his life, but the Reaper didn't collected on the debt.
I remember the broken man.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 06:57:56 pm »
On this Memorial Day, I would like to add some ways to thank a vet:

1.) When hiring, hire a vet.

2.) Retain vet employees.

3.) Make sure your vet employees have the ability to get to their VA appointments and/or other medical appointments.

Reasons to hire a vet:

1.) We carry our attention to detail, high performance standards, and dedication into our jobs.

2.) We were there for you, now will you be there for us?

3.) Your vet customers will interact well with another vet.

4.) We get the job done. The military isn't big on shamming.

Reasons to retain a vet employee:

1.) Yes, you can replace us. But you can't replace the knowledge and commitment to job performance that walks out that door with us.

2.) Our loyalty is proven. We swore an Oath to this country. Can you return that loyalty sworn to you, when we defended what you have?

3.) Vets deeply appreciate the thanks. But we also deeply appreciate the actions that back those words.

Thank you for your consideration of these points.

Dharma
A soldier once...
101st Airborne
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 09:09:54 pm »
Ill second that dharma. I served in the 10th Mountain Division from January 18, 2005- April 17, 2008 when the Army told me I had to leave because of PTSD and other injuries sustained in the line of duty. I would've stayed if given the choice though. So now I cheer on future soldiers and pay respects to past vets. NEVER FORGET.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline Otter

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 10:36:46 pm »
Yes I want to thank all Vets..... You are the reason we have all the freedoms we have and to the soilders that gave there life for are rights and freedom. God bless you all.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 08:41:29 am »
Here are my sons with the flag that draped my grandfather's casket. He was a WWII vet and a great man. I explained the purpose of Memorial Day. A big thanks to all vets, past and present.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 11:58:17 am »
WAY OF THE WARRIOR

All gave some, but some gave all
We were there when duty called
For our people, we have been loyal and true
Just be there for us when we need you

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 11:59:43 am »
Go tell the Spartans,
passers by
That here, obedient to their laws
we lie...

Offline cracker

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 01:46:17 pm »
Thanks to all vets and active military. All this would not be if not for you. Ronnie Coursey
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline robby

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 08:48:25 am »
Hey Dharma! 1/327th, RVN 68-69
Robby

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 01:52:41 am »
We have a rendezvous with destiny.