Author Topic: Yew and Sinew, the bow that keeps giving.  (Read 1967 times)

Offline YewArcher

Yew and Sinew, the bow that keeps giving.
« on: May 28, 2013, 10:57:13 pm »
This is by far my favorite bow design. Its siple, yet complex. Easy to build and not. Just an all around mysterious bow. Ever since I first read the TBB Vol. 1 I fell in love with the west coast bows. Years (and many many bows later) I still find it my go to bow and its still my favorite bow to make/shoot. Mary Rose bows would be a second but just barley a second. These bows are light in the hand, accurate if shot properly and all around just a great design.

This one in particular is one of my favorites, I originally made it for my wife but she prfers her yew ELB as opposed tp this short design that can be loving by fickle. I have since reclaimed this bow and years later still love shooting it. Here it is shown just fresh back from a weekend of heavy shooting at the Marshall Primitive shoot. I shot this bow every day a ton and like the champ it is it retains 3" of reflex.

Its about 42#@25" and 44" long. I think this is my summer shoot bow as I build a few heavier ones through the year.

It is yew and sinew....the bow that keeps giving.

Here are a few pics.

Its good to be back ,

Steve

Offline Buffalogobbler

Re: Yew and Sinew, the bow that keeps giving.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 11:23:40 pm »
COOL Bow! 8)
And I love and totally understand the reverence you use to describe your favorite bow!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 11:33:29 pm »
Very nice, I can see why your so fond of it. Want to try that design myself one day, have the sinew but yew is nonexistent in my
neck of the woods. I'll have to get on the trade board one day and get me some, would love a bow like that one. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:41:48 pm »
Its cool to see this bow years later and still holding its reflex like a champ...it looked even better in person ;) ...n it was even better to see ya show your face around again ;)

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 11:43:31 pm »
That's awesome, how high is that brace height?
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline RyanY

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 12:00:59 am »
Got to see this one in person. Sweet little bow. We're all lucky to have this guy back with us!  :)

Offline Gordon

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 12:07:15 am »
Yew and sinew is a killer combination. I love mine - it's become my go to bow.
Gordon